Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Ferkorf said:

Should have got him in. Millwall are on the way to the play offs

Helps when you have an owner who knows what he is doing.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Helps when you have an owner who knows what he is doing.

 

Our owner also got us to the play-offs, twice.

 

Sometimes, you've got to place the blame at those who are paid handsomely to don the shirt and cross the white line for reasons of our failure. 


Chansiri's failures are interlinked with the failures of the players; against Hull and Huddersfield at home in the play-offs especially.  I am a big critic of Chansiri, but the players are the only ones who can put the ball in the net or stop the opposition from doing so when that whistle blows.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, A12owl said:

Jeff Stelling says there is a conspiracy theory. 

Wait until the EFL know how many points we get then deduct enough to keep us up. 

That would upset the bottom 3 but who cares. 

Hope he's right. 

With just two games to go now, this is beginning to look like an increasing possibility IMHO. I wonder if there is the possibility that they might take the same approach with Wigan - or is the 12 point deduction fixed in the EFL rule book somewhere with no room for manoeuvre ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to be corrected but....

 

I don't think any team has ever been hit with a points deduction which was so late in the season, or so large, that they couldn't save themselves by getting enough points on the field.

 

A points deduction is meant to be a penalty, not an automatic relegation.

 

So my theory is that any deduction we get now will be set to be too small to relegate us, or will be applied next season.

 

Hope I'm right!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Let's hope so because on the face of last nights performance we haven't got the manager, players, mentality to stay up.

 

If we were relegated because of a points deduction, the only person culpable is DC

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally agree with you, however had we taken all 3 points from a very poor Huddersfield team we stood a chance of taking a 12 point deduction and still being in a position to stay up.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

If we were relegated because of a points deduction, the only person culpable is DC

Totally agree with this. As poor as some of our performances have been since Christmas the team have done enough on the pitch to be playing championship football next season. if we go down now then it is DC and DC alone who is responsible. Having said that, the 12 point deduction may not even happen. 12 points seems to be what the fans have settled on for some odd reason.

Edited by wmb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Loving how this 12 point deduction is a given. 

Agreed , some of our fans will take any info from Tom, D**k or Harry on twitter as gospel. 

Edited by s29wfc
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We may as well pack up  and concede relegation 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, s29wfc said:

Agreed , some of our fans will take any info from Tom, ******** or Harry on twitter as gospel. 

Strange innit how Admin gets ya  an automatic 12 point penalty, but swfc are going to get that or worse for some financial goings on. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Loving how this 12 point deduction is a given. 

 

not by me 

still waiting for the official decision   i think it's because I don't want to listen to/believe rumours

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ferkorf said:

Should have got him in. Millwall are on the way to the play offs

When will people realise that whatever manager we get in, the outcome would be the same.

 

I`ll say it for the millionth time, THIS CLUB IS A SHAMBLES FROM TOP TO BOTTOM!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wmb said:

Totally agree with this. As poor as some of our performances have been since Christmas the team have done enough on the pitch to be playing championship football next season. if we go down now then it is DC and DC alone wo is responsible.

Maybe if the players had performed better and more consistently, befitting the investment DC put into them, then we may have been looking towards the top end of the league. 

 

What else did you want DC to do, can't sell players if nobody offers for them, tried to comply with FFP by being frugal of late, sold Joao, sought permission from EFL to buy the stadium, which was granted. Shall we go back to the days of selling our prized assets for peanuts and replacing them with free transfer journeyman?

 

Not everything is DC's fault, some things, but not everything. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Strange innit how Admin gets ya  an automatic 12 point penalty, but swfc are going to get that or worse for some financial goings on. 

Given the EFL rules state the penalty for administration as 12 points, and for FFP breaches as 'up to 21 points' or even relegation... Which bit is strange?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Totally agree with you, however had we taken all 3 points from a very poor Huddersfield team we stood a chance of taking a 12 point deduction and still being in a position to stay up.

perhaps huddersfield didnt want to give us 3 pts, just a thought

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a bit like having hemorrhoids with an indefinite timescale for recovery. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, striker said:

Maybe if the players had performed better and more consistently, befitting the investment DC put into them, then we may have been looking towards the top end of the league. 

 

What else did you want DC to do, can't sell players if nobody offers for them, tried to comply with FFP by being frugal of late, sold Joao, sought permission from EFL to buy the stadium, which was granted. Shall we go back to the days of selling our prized assets for peanuts and replacing them with free transfer journeyman?

 

Not everything is DC's fault, some things, but not everything. 

he did have offers, he has openly said he doesnt like selling players, not sure of your point. The offers werent for peanuts either, again, not sure of your point

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grandad said:

Given the EFL rules state the penalty for administration as 12 points, and for FFP breaches as 'up to 21 points' or even relegation... Which bit is strange?

The posts so matter of "fact" that the points deduction has been decided and its 12,thats what's strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, striker said:

Maybe if the players had performed better and more consistently, befitting the investment DC put into them, then we may have been looking towards the top end of the league. 

 

What else did you want DC to do, can't sell players if nobody offers for them, tried to comply with FFP by being frugal of late, sold Joao, sought permission from EFL to buy the stadium, which was granted. Shall we go back to the days of selling our prized assets for peanuts and replacing them with free transfer journeyman?

 

Not everything is DC's fault, some things, but not everything. 

 

We do need to start looking at player trading as a way to balance our books - so yes, sometimes selling our prized assets is a necessary evil

 

We were offered £12m for FF in 2017. He's been one of my all time favourite players - but had he been sold for such a huge profit that enabled us to invest in 2 or 3 quality young players, I could have lived with that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...