1 hour ago, bolton9owl said:

I think agents have a job to do but considering they are acting for and on behalf of their particular player then it should be the player that remunerates their agent out of there own pocket.

its absolutely crazy that a club should have to cough up hundreds of thousand or even millions when he agent is affiliated to the player.

Clubs having to pay millions to agents is ludicrous 

It doesn't really matter whether the club or player pays the agent as they would still want the same combined total to complete the deal. Say the player is on 10m over 4 years and the agent wants a fee of 1m from the club to complete the deal and the club told the player to pay the agent he would just say ok then I'll have 10m over the 4 years plus 1m upfront. Same cost to the club and same total to player and agent.

3 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

I don't think you could make players redundant unless you were closing the business. As I understand it you can only make someone redundant if their position is no longer required by the company which is what I think redundancy means. You could say that you have too many players and make some redundant but you couldn't do it on the basis of who earns the most.

Pretty sure you would still have to pay their contracts in full. so makes it a pointless exercise.

18 minutes ago, jackowl97 said:

I may not know what I’m talking about but why are footballers given more job security than the rest of us. What if clubs were given the right to make players redundant. Then the chairman would only need to escrow the amount needed to pay redundancy for the squad. 
That would mean that the 25 man squad each on a 4 year £ 20 million contract would equate to an escrow payment of around £21 million ( enough to pay each player 2 months wages as a redundancy payment )  rather than the £1 billion calculated by blondeau. 
Surely £21 million would be affordable for most wealthy owners. 

its a 2 way street this one.....footballers cant just give a months notice or whatever we do and go elsewhere.

They are the same as the rest of us in many respects just that the notice period is the length of their contract just like some of us have a month, some 3 months

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Not if we've sold the training ground for £20 million. 

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ian said:

its a 2 way street this one.....footballers cant just give a months notice or whatever we do and go elsewhere.

They are the same as the rest of us in many respects just that the notice period is the length of their contract just like some of us have a month, some 3 months

But I can get sacked for poor performance (after 2 warnings...) also for possible long term sickness, admittedly if that happened to our squad now and over previous years we wouldn't have/had many players left!!!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, A12owl said:

Absolutely 100%.

The vulture(agent) is working and retained by the player. It should be the player who pays the agent fees NOT the club. Another footballing anomaly which costs a club a lot of money. 

Agents should work for the league and be salaried and get appointed to any players who need one.

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Agents should work for the league and be salaried and get appointed to any players who need one.

Agreed. And the socioeconomic order should be structured upon the ideas of common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money and the state.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BenitoCarbone said:

Agreed. And the socioeconomic order should be structured upon the ideas of common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money and the state.

Alright, calm down Joseph...

• Haha 3

I have a good feeling about all this, I know f.vck all, just summat in me watta!     

Up the mother funkin Owls and balls to the EFL!

Onwards!

No points deduction this season and a line drawn under the stadium sale but a 9 -12 point deduction to start next season as a result of losses from our latest (18/19) set of accounts contributing to our third time falling foul of the P&S limits. 3 strikes and you're out. 

• Like 1

My guess is a 9 point deduction to mirror Birmingham. With 6 points suspended for future breaches

To be applied this season

9 hours ago, Ian said:

You'd be surprised how often agents are working for clubs and not players

Surprise us then

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

No points deduction this season and a line drawn under the stadium sale but a 9 -12 point deduction to start next season as a result of losses from our latest (18/19) set of accounts contributing to our third time falling foul of the P&S limits. 3 strikes and you're out. 

How would that work? If the ground sale is legal, then we will be within FFP for the last three seasons with this years looming likely to be suspended and most of the high earners gone before, if, it resumes?

22 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

I have a good feeling about all this, I know f.vck all, just summat in me watta!     

Up the mother funkin Owls and balls to the EFL!

Onwards!

Thats exactly what every one is doing to come to their conclusion, just a complete guess.

I like the cut of your jib. A bit of honesty.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

My guess is a 9 point deduction to mirror Birmingham. With 6 points suspended for future breaches

To be applied this season

My guess is 15 points and that DC is playing up behind the scenes and threatening all sorts. Just a hunch...

What's the bloody hold up. 

Still no announcement, 2 games left after tonight. Absolutely ridiculous we still don’t know the outcome. It just doesn’t seem right if a point deduction is handed to us with so few points left to play for, I’m sure our QC will have argued that point also. Let’s get a win tonight to give us a bit of a cushion anyway. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Thats exactly what every one is doing to come to their conclusion, just a complete guess.

I like the cut of your jib. A bit of honesty.

My jib has been tailored by Messrs Positivity, Blind & Hope, the finest clothiers on Bond Street!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BenitoCarbone said:

Hi Mr Corbyn 

• Haha 2

We need as many wins as we can get to try to cover as many outcomes as we can