Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Jim said:

I don’t see how a manager with 5 clubs in 6 years can ever do a long term job for us

 

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 12.41.50.jpg

 

 

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 12.42.25.jpg

 

Carvalhal certainly did a long-term job on us.

 

As a club, we’re still recovering from his time in charge here and we sacked the useless idiot two and a half years ago.

Edited by Westfield Owl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the delay is to due with Derby’s hearing. If they’re going to be another week or so with that then surely they won’t be able to issue any punishment this season - which would make it unfair if our punishment was then enforced and we were relegated off the back of it. By holding back on releasing the verdicts it allows them to punish (or not) both clubs in the same season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All these pics Di Marco putting on piece of cake relating to how easy it was?? Let’s hope so ? Might be that efl have appealed? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real question that hasn’t been addressed in this thread is how many cherries does DeMarco have stockpiled? Insane fruit consumption. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

 

 

Carvalhal certainly did a long-term job on us.

 

As a club, we’re still recovering from his time in charge here and we sacked the useless idiot two and a half years ago.

I dont think you can lay all the blame at his door, though I strongly suspect he was one of quite a few who saw a wealthy man who could be taken for a ride.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

All these pics Di Marco putting on piece of cake relating to how easy it was?? Let’s hope so ? Might be that efl have appealed? 

 

It might be like master chef, and the independent panel are eating and scoring Di Marco various servings. Could take a while.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Manwë said:

A vulture normally used to the alps (think Switzerland, home of CAS) has been spotted just outside Sheffield.

 

Make of that what you will.

 

 


Milvus Milvus? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Maybe the delay is to due with Derby’s hearing. If they’re going to be another week or so with that then surely they won’t be able to issue any punishment this season - which would make it unfair if our punishment was then enforced and we were relegated off the back of it. By holding back on releasing the verdicts it allows them to punish (or not) both clubs in the same season.

This could possibly be the case, delaying the outcome till the sheep hearing is over. I know the charges are different and ours was more complex but they have got to get the balance right if punishment is to be given. Also it gives the independent panel  another  chance to look how the EFL have been handling matters and cooperating with the said clubs and ways they could do better in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

 


So you'd have 'managed'/played Jay Bothroyd?

Well someone somewhere got the best out of him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 12.41.50.jpg

 

 

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 12.42.25.jpg

 

 

Come on, be fair. They've had a lot longer in the managerial game than Monk? Good response though and one I should've expected 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steelowl said:

I never managed a sport team so it may be different but I've successfully managed other teams

and if someone is constantly causing unrest or dissent if after a failure to agree a way forward I would recommend they are shown the door 

What is telling to me without ITK of what went off is that these people were highlighted by Jos   I wonder if Monk and him had a discussion 

 

You failed with me on WTID 🤑

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mkowl said:

 

You failed with me on WTID 🤑

 

:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Because if we’re guilty, then the EFL didn’t give us the go ahead and we’ve in effect been found out as liars trying to dodge the punishment. 


Also if that was the case, anyone who tried to defend themselves with their interpretation of rules or correspondence in any grey area case whether in football or otherwise (rather than simply pleading guilty out of fear) would be deemed necessary to be given some kind of top up sentence but that’s not how the system is supposed to work. If we do get an aggravated breach style punishment I think we will have had to have gone against something explicit.  All depends on what these emails say I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steelowl said:

I never managed a sport team so it may be different but I've successfully managed other teams

and if someone is constantly causing unrest or dissent if after a failure to agree a way forward I would recommend they are shown the door 

What is telling to me without ITK of what went off is that these people were highlighted by Jos   I wonder if Monk and him had a discussion 

 

Me too, did you ever seriously consider the option/choice that your style may have been part of the problem. My starting point was asking if there was anything I could do to help any given situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What gets me is people are saying that Chansiri putting the club into administration makes no business sense at all. 
 

 

hang on. 
 

 

he’s got previous for doing things that make no business sense. 
 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ANDY said:

What gets me is people are saying that Chansiri putting the club into administration makes no business sense at all. 
 

 

hang on. 
 

 

he’s got previous for doing things that make no business sense. 
 

 


Owning football clubs makes no business sense at all, period 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ANDY said:

What gets me is people are saying that Chansiri putting the club into administration makes no business sense at all. 
 

 

hang on. 
 

 

he’s got previous for doing things that make no business sense. 
 

 

 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:


Owning football clubs makes no business sense at all, period 


Absolutely correct 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Or it's possible that they are not guilty. 😁

If they were not guilty they wouldn't have a £10m fine to pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually think the decision has been made (-12) but we are arguing that they can't deduct more points than there are currently left to play for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...