Man city have won their appeal over the ban in the Chumps league.

Hope fully we will get a good result when they decide what to do.

22 minutes ago, Dronfield_SWFC said:

Take FF found not guilty in a proper court of law but somehow found guilty in the Kangaroo court

He was found not guilty in a criminal court.  He was found guilty in a footballing court if you want to call it that.   The burden of proof is completely different.

A bit like saying an Owl getting a sending off for bringing down a player wasn't actually tried in a criminal court for assault, so the Owl didn't do anything wrong.  Well, criminally no, but on the football field, yes.

I like Zens but only the non Cit ones.

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I get the feeling that some people think that managing out and getting rid of troublesome players against the will of many of our fans is a sign of weakness?

I'd suggest its the exact opposite

Personally I want our club full of young, hungry players with a great 'CAN DO' attitude, working as a team, playing for the manager/club, and wanting to give their all, than having a dressing room of overhyped, overpaid, egotistical disruptive and negative old blokes.

What Monk is doing isn't the easy option whatsoever. It's the most difficult and painful thing to properly and professionally transition to a new generation of players who want to play for our club.

Backing him isn't the easiest thing to do either when you have some fans repeatedly attacking you for wanting our club to get rid of players who don't give a fooooook about Sheffield Wednesday or doing their best for us.

But backing him is the intelligent thing to do. Because there's more to football management than just playing the players who kick off the most and cause the biggest stink at your club,.

Gi'ower wi thi.

Tha's will be talking common sense next.

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

At this stage of a long drawn out process, I don't care whether we're guilty or not. What bothers me is relegation. That would put us back 10yrs. Never a good time for relegation to league one, but with all the uncertainty for lower leagues right now, it's even worse than usual. 

Agreed thats why beating Huddersfield and Boro gettiing six points might mean a 12 point deficit wouldn't  send us down

Just now, Manwë said:

He was found not guilty in a criminal court.  He was found guilty in a footballing court if you want to call it that.   The burden of proof is completely different.

A bit like saying an Owl getting a sending off for bringing down a player wasn't actually tried in a criminal court for assault, so the Owl didn't do anything wrong.  Well, criminally no, but on the football field, yes.

Just seen that even though Man city have won their appeal the EPL are still carrying on with their case.

Any chance wwe can continue the debate without snidey digs and abuse?

We're all on the same side - whatever our opinion

• Like 3

Just now, darra said:

Just seen that even though Man city have won their appeal the EPL are still carrying on with their case.

City have been charged by the EPL?

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

10642EBE-385E-4F1F-84AC-74C425DFF204.jpeg

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’ve got to tread very carefully with my words when it comes to you?

So here goes as but if I stop mid-post, it’s because I’m in A&E because I’ve stood on some very sharp glass 😩

I didn’t complain too much at Christmas because he was obviously doing a good job. Has as been already pointed out several times apparently by @dorian gray? The bad run we’re currently on started with Fletcher’s injury? Now I’m not going to argue the to$$ about that because it undoubtedly played a part?

Now he was getting a tune out of his squad which has also been pointed out many times by some that it is a bang average squad. Why oh why though did he have to alienate the two best players in their respective positions, Westwood and Hutchinson who he had been selecting prior to Christmas. Playing Dawson and Pelupessy regularly sends you hurtling down the table as we saw under Jos.

Granted things aren’t stable at the club, the Chairman deciding to take a low profile, the EFL charge and other things in general that are out of his control but I think having decided to use players like he did and get a tune out of them like he did, to just seemingly chuck it all away was wrong and is as much to blame for our current predicament as anything?

I think I managed to succeed without treading on any glass but if you don’t see me on here a while you MAY have good idea where I MAY have gone?

it did far more than 'play it's part' it was the reason for it, as it would with any side losing it's only 90 minute attacking option.

why did he choose to drop westwood and hutch? because as manager it's his choice, my guess is on westwood he saw that lately he'd made some calamitous decisions costing goals and rash penalties, then being unfit and unavailable as a squad player.

hope ur foot is ok, A&E is not the place to be, though they don't have as many customers (for some reason) these days, i spent 3.5 hours in one the other week, and for God's sake, don't cough while ur there.

4 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

City have been charged by the EPL?

Something I saw on twitter saying that the EPL were still investigating them for breaches of FFP. Can't find it now so may have been taken down?

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I get the feeling that some people think that managing out and getting rid of troublesome players against the will of many of our fans is a sign of weakness?

I'd suggest its the exact opposite

Personally I want our club full of young, hungry players with a great 'CAN DO' attitude, working as a team, playing for the manager/club, and wanting to give their all, than having a dressing room of overhyped, overpaid, egotistical disruptive and negative old blokes.

What Monk is doing isn't the easy option whatsoever. It's the most difficult and painful thing to properly and professionally transition to a new generation of players who want to play for our club.

Backing him isn't the easiest thing to do either when you have some fans repeatedly attacking you for wanting our club to get rid of players who don't give a fooooook about Sheffield Wednesday or doing their best for us.

But backing him is the intelligent thing to do. Because there's more to football management than just playing the players who kick off the most and cause the biggest stink at your club,.

I agree to a large extent, and believe that Monk is trying to oversee a really difficult and much-needed change in culture at our club.

You've alluded to some of our players being disruptive a few times in recent months, but what is this based on? A hunch based on the way Monk dropped certain players like a stone (which I share), or do you know a bit more about what really went on?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, darra said:

Something I saw on twitter saying that the EPL were still investigating them for breaches of FFP. Can't find it now so may have been taken down?

City have not been in the EFL for years. I am pretty sure that you are referring to charges brought by UEFA over an article in a Germany based publication alledging financial irregularities over commercial revenue paid into the club.

Edited by ChinaOwl
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Grandad said:

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

10642EBE-385E-4F1F-84AC-74C425DFF204.jpeg

Hell Yeah!!!

• Haha 1

If the season had ended as normal then next year's fixtures would have been out end of June. Seeing as the EFL scheduled the hearing for mid July then it seems to me that their original plan was always to make the decision to take effect from next season. So I think if any points are deducted then it was always going to be next season.

• Like 1

So we are now into the forth week of a three day hearing. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ken52 said:

If the season had ended as normal then next year's fixtures would have been out end of June. Seeing as the EFL scheduled the hearing for mid July then it seems to me that their original plan was always to make the decision to take effect from next season. So I think if any points are deducted then it was always going to be next season.

Good view of the situation but im confident that is not the case.

I don't think points will come into it either. Just a hunch 😐.

Just now, S36 OWL said:

I have a feeling Wednesday have been found guilty and they are haggling over the punishment and trying to come to some agreement so Wednesday dont appeal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

This next double fortnight.. 

• Haha 1