Correct me if I'm wrong, but the bone of contention is the EFL claim further information came to light (on the stadium sale), hence the charge? 

They did approve the stadium sale and accounts, but then *new* information comes to light or they claim it did.

Part of me wonders if this *new* information was just them signing off and then realising the backdated issue afterward.

Wouldn't surprise me. 

• Like 2

Probably nowt stopping DC taking it to CAS if found guilty, if he’s got the drive left to do so 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Had nothing but positive things to say about Bruce, been a supporter of Monk for the majority of the time but like a few select others on here you love to try and “bully” anyone when they have something negative to say about the club. Places like this forum are for opinions, good or bad, there are a lot of bad things going on with this club and there are a lot of people concerned and worried about the club 

Tbf, you just called him a sad, bitter old man, so I'd suggest it is fair game really on the *bully* thing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We all know the EFL etc  make their own rules up to suit themselves.

Take FF found not guilty in a proper court of law but somehow found guilty in the Kangaroo court

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Agreed, which makes the case against us even stranger

The reason it’s got to this stage is because Gibson kicked up a stink,  it looked as though a case wasn’t going to be brought against us, then all his toys went out the pram and he organised that meeting of Championship chairmen (at the City Ground?) and allegedly didn’t turn up for it!  

Him and that oddball dingle have been anonymously quoted in Frostick’s online rag as well, they’ve continuously chelped about it.

its as if the f.vck.witted EFL have taken things this far to appease the scribble haired smoggie and the dingle gimp.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Probably nowt stopping DC taking it to CAS if found guilty, if he’s got the drive left to do so 

Which could well be a threat he makes.... thereby potentially causing another delay to the decision and major problems for the EFL should we be relegated by their decision

Fingers crossed we can win a couple more games. Best case scenario we can absorb a 12pt penalty if it comes and avoid the drop, EFL are seen to be doing their job punishing wrong-doers, we get a wrist-slapping for running the club unsustainably, and other clubs see us bent over taking it. Then we can all draw a line & move on. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

^^^^^ This. Just this. Been saying this for ages. Some of the PL players egos are massive but they have to be managed. You can’t just say I’ll leave him out because he’s not doing as I ask or he’s a bad influence. The players such as Hutch Nando  and Westy were part of our success era that narrowly missed out on the promised land. Just manage them FFS until their contacts expire. Then build up from the bottom using them to bring the kids on. 
We’re lucky we went on that good run before Xmas and got the points we managed to get or we’d be with the dingles

now. 

So you'd have 'managed'/played Jay Bothroyd?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

So you'd have 'managed'/played Jay Bothroyd?

Big Jack would have put his boot up his jacksie lol

• Like 2

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

He totally would

He'd not have 'managed' him by playing him until his contract expired though

He'd have sent him packing

31 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

The lifting of the embargo surely indicates that they were happy with the situation..... hopefully that is the main part of our defence, which they can't argue as they lifted the umbongo

We've been under Transfer embargoes for at least 2 of the last 3 Windows. Each time we obviously have to adhere to certain stipulations in order for them to be lifted? Therefore for it to be lifted back in the summer, there must've been some acceptance from the EFL that we had abided by whatever they insisted we abide by?

For the charge to come completely out of blue two months down the line obviously shocked everyone at the club and the chairman has been quite right to put up a stern defence. This defence saw the subsequent dropping of the individual charges on him, the ex-CEO and the FD which wouldn't have happened if we hadn't?

Personally and I've felt this all the time despite the various predictions of Armageddon on here, that we'll be OK? We wouldn't have been if the club had just allowed the EFL to ride roughshod over us? And IMO during these uncertain financial times, the way the EFL have behaved with regards to several off the field issues over the last 12 months or so will see them on their knees in the not too distant future as they will be overly reliant on owners keeping clubs afloat and the owners will have long memories of the way they have been straight-jacketed by the EFL when all they want to do is invest whatever funds they would like in their club?

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Fingers crossed we can win a couple more games. Best case scenario we can absorb a 12pt penalty if it comes and avoid the drop, EFL are seen to be doing their job punishing wrong-doers, we get a wrist-slapping for running the club unsustainably, and other clubs see us bent over taking it. Then we can all draw a line & move on. 

12pts deducted IF we are guilty and found to have wilfully contravened and bypassed the P & S rules of the EFL.

If we’re not guilty and followed the EFL’s guidance to the absolute letter, there should be no points deduction?

Edited by The_Limit_Owl
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Oh oh ohhh he's Magic 

You know!

You'll never out bake

De Marco

Edited by Ferkorf
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I get the feeling that some people think that managing out and getting rid of troublesome players against the will of many of our fans is a sign of weakness?

I'd suggest its the exact opposite

Personally I want our club full of young, hungry players with a great 'CAN DO' attitude, working as a team, playing for the manager/club, and wanting to give their all, than having a dressing room of overhyped, overpaid, egotistical disruptive and negative old blokes.

What Monk is doing isn't the easy option whatsoever. It's the most difficult and painful thing to properly and professionally transition to a new generation of players who want to play for our club.

Backing him isn't the easiest thing to do either when you have some fans repeatedly attacking you for wanting our club to get rid of players who don't give a fooooook about Sheffield Wednesday or doing their best for us.

But backing him is the intelligent thing to do. Because there's more to football management than just playing the players who kick off the most and cause the biggest stink at your club,.

I don’t think Monk is the right man but you’re right, he is the only choice we have in these strange uncertain times, sacking him now would just make us even more unstable.

2 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

12pts deducted IF we are guilty and found to have wilfully contravened and bypassed the P & S rules of the EFL.

If we’re not guilty and followed the EFL’s guidance to the absolute letter, there should be no points deduction?

At this stage of a long drawn out process, I don't care whether we're guilty or not. What bothers me is relegation. That would put us back 10yrs. Never a good time for relegation to league one, but with all the uncertainty for lower leagues right now, it's even worse than usual. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’ve got to tread very carefully with my words when it comes to you?

So here goes as but if I stop mid-post, it’s because I’m in A&E because I’ve stood on some very sharp glass 😩

I didn’t complain too much at Christmas because he was obviously doing a good job. Has as been already pointed out several times apparently by @dorian gray? The bad run we’re currently on started with Fletcher’s injury? Now I’m not going to argue the to$$ about that because it undoubtedly played a part?

Now he was getting a tune out of his squad which has also been pointed out many times by some that it is a bang average squad. Why oh why though did he have to alienate the two best players in their respective positions, Westwood and Hutchinson who he had been selecting prior to Christmas. Playing Dawson and Pelupessy regularly sends you hurtling down the table as we saw under Jos.

Granted things aren’t stable at the club, the Chairman deciding to take a low profile, the EFL charge and other things in general that are out of his control but I think having decided to use players like he did and get a tune out of them like he did, to just seemingly chuck it all away was wrong and is as much to blame for our current predicament as anything?

I think I managed to succeed without treading on any glass but if you don’t see me on here a while you MAY have good idea where I MAY have gone?

Sorry to hear about your foot. Perhaps a risk assessment of your environment will prevent accidents in future.

This Huddersfield game tomorrow night is massive. So important we get the 3 points to give us a bit of a cushion. Let’s hope we carry on where we left off against QPR. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, A12owl said:

My point was that there should be a specific date for the ruling. 

How can there be if the case hasn't been fully heard by the time the date comes around?

Just rule anyway without hearing the full evidence?  Or the panel making a hasty decision to meet an arbitrary date?

12 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

And that would have been the right thing to do back in the day when the clubs had all the power and the money. It’s 2020. Players are in control, and can run their contracts down and leave for nothing. As a result, you make the best of a bad job, pick the best team available and massage a few egos if it’s means you get results. 

• Like 1