Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I’m just waiting for the latest update from that woman who does loads for the club. She will have had a good hour or so at work today already to pick up the latest wild guesses from her grunting colleagues. 


We just need to wait for her tea break to arrive to give her time to put it on twatter.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Nero said:

Dont think you've quite grasped that the EFL aren't in charge of this mate. Its an independent tribunal.

So you don’t think compromise is allowed? Are the EFL and SWFC barred from reaching an agreement that’s acceptable to them both? Does it have to be black and white, no grey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

 

 

Experts in the field are you or just randomly guessing?

 


They are called opinions, you know the things that forums like this are for. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Grandad and Essix are just guessing...Waltham just posted his Christmas wish to Santa 


Hi Dave. :wub: My wish from Father Christmas this year would be for you to find happiness. You’re obviously a very sad bitter old man that can’t handle people having different opinions to your own and believe they must be pigs if they do, it’s a real shame. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Grandad said:

 

 

The Man City announcement would seem to back that up

 

 

 

My memory is sketchy but I vaguely recall he funded losses up to £20m before he started borrowing from other characters (nolt  banks)

He restructured the debt with the bank and paid them pennies in the pound - better than nothing for the bank. He loaned against the ground almost immediately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jim said:

 

I’ve got to tread very carefully with my words when it comes to you?

 

So here goes as but if I stop mid-post, it’s because I’m in A&E because I’ve stood on some very sharp glass 😩

 

I didn’t complain too much at Christmas because he was obviously doing a good job. Has as been already pointed out several times apparently by @dorian gray? The bad run we’re currently on started with Fletcher’s injury? Now I’m not going to argue the to$$ about that because it undoubtedly played a part?

 

Now he was getting a tune out of his squad which has also been pointed out many times by some that it is a bang average squad. Why oh why though did he have to alienate the two best players in their respective positions, Westwood and Hutchinson who he had been selecting prior to Christmas. Playing Dawson and Pelupessy regularly sends you hurtling down the table as we saw under Jos.

 

Granted things aren’t stable at the club, the Chairman deciding to take a low profile, the EFL charge and other things in general that are out of his control but I think having decided to use players like he did and get a tune out of them like he did, to just seemingly chuck it all away was wrong and is as much to blame for our current predicament as anything?

 

I think I managed to succeed without treading on any glass but if you don’t see me on here a while you MAY have good idea where I MAY have gone?

I’m going to tread carefully too or people will think I’m an alternate log in for you Jim. But that’s exactly what I’ve been saying. Good managers manage difficult characters. Particularly when they are so important to you. I’ve had some real tails work for me over the years...and I’ve worked for some right tails. So I speak with some experience. You don’t get on with everyone in life, but if that tail is playing a big part in your business being successful, you look after him. If he’s not, then sure get rid. Had we been bottom at Christmas and getting shut of hutch Westwood and FF had catapulted us up the table then you can say good decision. When the exact opposite has been true then you surely question the decision?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

The lifting of the embargo surely indicates that they were happy with the situation..... hopefully that is the main part of our defence, which they can't argue as they lifted the umbongo

As I recall from our initial lawyers statement, our main defence is reasonable reliance. Permission for the transaction was sought and given, therefore relied on this information to comply with our financial obligations.

 

Signing off the accounts and lifting the embargo further evidence to support our case. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The volume of our fans that repeatedly comment and moan about our case / EFL that have literally no idea about the circumstances of our case is unbelievable. Mainly on the facebook groups. Already seeing posts where people genuinely think that we’re now in a better position because “city’s got away with it” and even some suggestions now saying we should sue the FA and UEFA

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

He restructured the debt with the bank and paid them pennies in the pound - better than nothing for the bank. He loaned against the ground almost immediately. 

 

It was 2 years after he took over that he borrowed £2m from Terence Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

 if that tail is playing a big part in your business being successful, you look after him. If he’s not, then sure get rid. 


That's exactly what we've done


If Monk hadn't done it and had got sacked the next manager whoever is he is/was would have done the exact same thing

It's not rocket science

Back the manager whilst he's going through this painful transition

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I’m going to tread carefully too or people will think I’m an alternate log in for you Jim. But that’s exactly what I’ve been saying. Good managers manage difficult characters. Particularly when they are so important to you. I’ve had some real tails work for me over the years...and I’ve worked for some right tails. So I speak with some experience. You don’t get on with everyone in life, but if that tail is playing a big part in your business being successful, you look after him. If he’s not, then sure get rid. Had we been bottom at Christmas and getting shut of hutch Westwood and FF had catapulted us up the table then you can say good decision. When the exact opposite has been true then you surely question the decision?

Perhaps it wasnt Monk's decision. Didnt Jos refer to something along the lines of he couldn't play Westwood for contractual reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, striker said:

As I recall from our initial lawyers statement, our main defence is reasonable reliance. Permission for the transaction was sought and given, therefore relied on this information to comply with our financial obligations.

 

Signing off the accounts and lifting the embargo further evidence to support our case. 

Agreed, which makes the case against us even stranger

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's getting to the stage where a clubs best signing each year will be a lawyer, not a player. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Manwë said:

 

It's the CAS doing the City case.  It's not the EFL ruling on the Wednesday case.

My point was that there should be a specific date for the ruling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:


Hi Dave. :wub: My wish from Father Christmas this year would be for you to find happiness. You’re obviously a very sad bitter old man that can’t handle people having different opinions to your own and believe they must be pigs if they do, it’s a real shame. 

Not at all I'm anything but bitter in  fact I'm  often told I'm  too positive...since you've been on this site  you 've had nothing positive to say about the club, DC, whoever the manager is and players you scapegoat,  if DC were to leave along with Monk you'd be doing the same with their successor's. I don't  think you're  a pig I think it's  your carefully cultivated internet persona onhere which is even sadder than being a pig. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

It's getting to the stage where a clubs best signing each year will be a lawyer, not a player. 


good job we signed Messi then 🙂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

It's getting to the stage where a clubs best signing each year will be a lawyer, not a player. 

I blame McCabe for starting it 😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I’m going to tread carefully too or people will think I’m an alternate log in for you Jim. But that’s exactly what I’ve been saying. Good managers manage difficult characters. Particularly when they are so important to you. I’ve had some real tails work for me over the years...and I’ve worked for some right tails. So I speak with some experience. You don’t get on with everyone in life, but if that tail is playing a big part in your business being successful, you look after him. If he’s not, then sure get rid. Had we been bottom at Christmas and getting shut of hutch Westwood and FF had catapulted us up the table then you can say good decision. When the exact opposite has been true then you surely question the decision?

^^^^^ This. Just this. Been saying this for ages. Some of the PL players egos are massive but they have to be managed. You can’t just say I’ll leave him out because he’s not doing as I ask or he’s a bad influence. The players such as Hutch Nando  and Westy were part of our success era that narrowly missed out on the promised land. Just manage them FFS until their contacts expire. Then build up from the bottom using them to bring the kids on. 
We’re lucky we went on that good run before Xmas and got the points we managed to get or we’d be with the dingles

now. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Not at all I'm anything but bitter in  fact I'm  often told I'm  too positive...since you've been on this site  you 've had nothing positive to say about the club, DC, whoever the manager is and players you scapegoat,  if DC were to leave along with Monk you'd be doing the same with their successor's. I don't  think you're  a pig I think it's  your carefully cultivated internet persona onhere which is even sadder than being a pig. 


Had nothing but positive things to say about Bruce, been a supporter of Monk for the majority of the time but like a few select others on here you love to try and “bully” anyone when they have something negative to say about the club. Places like this forum are for opinions, good or bad, there are a lot of bad things going on with this club and there are a lot of people concerned and worried about the club. Just stick me on your ignore list if I bother you that much, it’s quite simple. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...