THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Any more info ????.....genuine ITK   Info ???....remember you saying we would not get a points deduction 

Still don’t think we will mate, if we do it won’t be enough to do us any harm !!    UTO 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

So you wouldn't like a club where the owner steps back and allows the manager to run the club (Mowbray)?....

And to run within the EFL 

FFP & P&S guidelines in which Blackburn are now aspiring to ..

They have just completed phase 2 of 3 upgrading/refurbishment of the corporate facilities (which aren't inclusive of the EFL sanctions regarding expenditures)

Overheard all this in the queue at the pork pie shop the other week 

I could certainly do with less drama so that would definitely be a plus.....are you suggesting we should aspire to be the "Blackburn" of South Yorks???Sid.png.ce4a58b18036e98d9e040ed8890b4572.png.c0de232009804db80dc6b1a6bb78b25f.png

I know it's much easier to comply with the EFL rules if you are broke or stop investing on the playing side. Who knows, maybe they do have a plan in place and have learnt their lessons. We need a volunteer to abduct a Blackburn fan and get their view, maybe they are happy with their lot these days.

18 minutes ago, Grandad said:

That's exactly what happened with Milan, which is when we saw loans from outside parties secured in the stadium that were settled when the club was sold

Nope. That's what  Milan mantra is. 

1. Find a club introuble

2. Just put enough of your own  wealth to Stablize the the club. 

3. Sell for a tidy profit. 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Nope. That's what  Milan mantra is. 

1. Find a club introuble

2. Just put enough of your own  wealth to Stablize the the club. 

3. Sell for a tidy profit. 

Not arguing against that.

But Milan ran out of the money he allocated to the investment and we saw loans secured on the stadium from 3rd parties.

One of whom was Pini Zahavi - who is closely linked with Doyen sports

Seems like the rumours about man City on twitter are similar to ours, ie half saying they've got away with it and all charges dropped, other half saying full punishment and probably more added just to show em who's boss. Interesting to see which clubs are supported by which posters. Basically, nobody knows. Nick De Marco says 50% reduction is his prediction, so 1year ban and a bit less to pay. 

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Not arguing against that.

But Milan ran out of the money he allocated to the investment and we saw loans secured on the stadium from 3rd parties.

One of whom was Pini Zahavi - who is closely linked with Doyen sports

But these investors are there from start  if needed to get club where it needs to be  in regards to selling club. Especially pini Zahavi

Do the EFL actually have arule/statute in place that says clubs must have enough games left to mitigate any punishment? If so, which is why I doubt it, every game that passes could see our punishment being reduced. Surely they don't want that. We could end up with a 3 or 4 point deduction when we've been initially given 12, but they can't tell us cos they don't want to influence the Derby hearing. That sounds ridiculous. But then it's the EFL. 

Guest Grandad
4 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Do the EFL actually have arule/statute in place that says clubs must have enough games left to mitigate any punishment? If so, which is why I doubt it, every game that passes could see our punishment being reduced. Surely they don't want that. We could end up with a 3 or 4 point deduction when we've been initially given 12, but they can't tell us cos they don't want to influence the Derby hearing. That sounds ridiculous. But then it's the EFL. 

No they don't - thats just more conjecture that has grown into fact as the thread has gone on

Just now, PEARSON said:

City’s ban getting reduced to 1 season, opening the door to United getting a CL place, as we get a 12 points deduction -relegating us to league one, sounds about right.

They might qualify for the Europa League but they won’t finish above Chelsea, Man Utd or Leicester.

12 hours ago, Jim said:

I haven't seen this post you're talking about with all due respect. That said you could argue a lack of flexibility in his approach cost us when Fletcher got injured but you'll only argue another point in his favour so I won't bother 😀

it's not one post, it was numerous, as there are some who didn't want monk in the first place were just waiting their time. 

his lack of flexibility (and there was some) was down to the disastrous squad he inherited, but he shuffled what he had, and then found out what we all knew, all our forwards other than fletcher weren't worth a hill of beans.

nihiu could perhaps do 15 mins at the end of a game and he used that, but otherwise he'd been handed very poor fare indeed.

what would this 'flexibility' have included that he didn't choose?

EFL will want this closed off with their “authority” left intact. 

I think 3 points against Huddersfield, a loss to Fulham and a draw with Middlesbrough would put us on 59 points. 

We are currently 10 points ahead of 3rd bottom and 11 points ahead when you factor in Wigan’s points deduction. And we have better goal difference, so it’s effectively 11 points and 12 points with Wigan. 

Those 4 points should see us safe assuming EFL go for a 9 point deduction (which would be my bet). Even with 12 points deduction we’d probably be OK too. 

So Huddersfield result really important for us IMO to give us breathing space. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

I seriously do not care about Man City can di marco predict our fate instead because after tomorrow night we have 2 games left.... unbelievable!

Mark, as much as we need info  you cannot expect a Barrister to give out details of a case he has the brief for on social media

Because of the delay, any small deduction ( which doesn’t relegate us, would make it appear we’d got off). My guess now, is that we should be cleared, but it is possible the EFL may try to save face, and give us a points deduction (6), with our agreement, which will be applied next season. Just to bring an end to this complete farce.