THE EFL HEARING THREAD

25 minutes ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

What I struggle with is the issue of when deductions can be decided and to what extent the number of points depends on where you are in the season and how many points a club may have. The penalty should be what it is whenever and not change or be variable depending on whether it relegates a club or not.

The rule is there to stop clubs deliberately taking advantage of a relegation to wipe the slate clean. Leeds tried this back in 2007 under Papa Smurf and the league reacted by deducting points the following season.

3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

To sell , you need a buyer who would want to take on the money pit that is Wednesday . 

Also, a buyer that would own the club but not the stadium. Same buyer would be paying rent for the ground. 

So, as the club stands, with no home, what’s it worth really?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Also, a buyer that would own the club but not the stadium. Same buyer would be paying rent for the ground. 

So, as the club stands, with no home, what’s it worth really?

To me priceless !!    # UTO 

Guest mkowl

I personally can't see what DC would get out of putting us into admin.

For starters you have to look at the assets and liabilities of the actual company. Whilst the view is he sold the stadium to himself is sorta true - its not at this corporate level. 

The stadium was sold for 60m to Sheffield 5 Ltd (or 3 whichever) payable in 8 instalments of 7.5m. So in theory today that will be 45m - 2 years paid.

An administrator would pursue that debt 

Could it just offset against his shareholder loan. In theory yes but an administrator would look very closely at that transaction. If a company had net liabilities at the time, then the argument is you have - as director - preferred your debt over others. For the purpose of admin they could legally argue it was ultra vires

So he would be the one taking the haircut 

The only risk of admin for me is if there are 3rd party creditors eg another football club, HMRC pushing it due to unpaid liabilities - but interestingly perhaps one of them is still Middlesbrough if there is an instalment left on the Rhodes transfer.

So perhaps that is the threat to the EFL  that football creditors won't be paid. But DC wouldn't be able to sell the club unless they were guaranteed to be paid. And Sheffield 5 would own a football stadium with no club  playing at it. So even bigger haircut for him

Logic would suggest admin would leave DC in a worse position

Of all the possible outcomes I fear the most likely scenario is the one where we become the "Blackburn" of South Yorkshire. Owners lost interest, doing the bare minimum, limbo time.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Of all the possible outcomes I fear the most likely outcome is the one where we become the "Blackburn" of South Yorkshire. Owners lost interest, doing the bare minimum, limbo time.

So you wouldn't like a club where the owner steps back and allows the manager to run the club (Mowbray)?....

And to run within the EFL 

FFP & P&S guidelines in which Blackburn are now aspiring to ..

They have just completed phase 2 of 3 upgrading/refurbishment of the corporate facilities (which aren't inclusive of the EFL sanctions regarding expenditures)

Overheard all this in the queue at the pork pie shop the other week 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Grandad
7 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

So all in all conjecture on your part 

Yes, absolutely, as I said in the post directly after it

7 hours ago, Dot said:

I was told by a very reliable person that this is not true

How come there are a hundred people that have reliable sources but they are all told different things

stop it please…..Its just bull

and I'm surprised at you peddling this bull

It's not necessarily bull. What I posted was feasible conjecture. All of it. It's a scenario that could potentially play out, as I said.

52 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I personally can't see what DC would get out of putting us into admin.

For starters you have to look at the assets and liabilities of the actual company. Whilst the view is he sold the stadium to himself is sorta true - its not at this corporate level. 

The stadium was sold for 60m to Sheffield 5 Ltd (or 3 whichever) payable in 8 instalments of 7.5m. So in theory today that will be 45m - 2 years paid.

An administrator would pursue that debt 

Could it just offset against his shareholder loan. In theory yes but an administrator would look very closely at that transaction. If a company had net liabilities at the time, then the argument is you have - as director - preferred your debt over others. For the purpose of admin they could legally argue it was ultra vires

So he would be the one taking the haircut 

The only risk of admin for me is if there are 3rd party creditors eg another football club, HMRC pushing it due to unpaid liabilities - but interestingly perhaps one of them is still Middlesbrough if there is an instalment left on the Rhodes transfer.

So perhaps that is the threat to the EFL  that football creditors won't be paid. But DC wouldn't be able to sell the club unless they were guaranteed to be paid. And Sheffield 5 would own a football stadium with no club  playing at it. So even bigger haircut for him

Logic would suggest admin would leave DC in a worse position

Thank you for this. That's kind of what I thought.

Answer me this though. What if the Chairman had a set amount of money to throw at this - let's say £200m. What if he's now out of cash. Where does he go then?

That's also feasible conjecture. That's exactly what happened with Milan, which is when we saw loans from outside parties secured in the stadium that were settled when the club was sold

Well this thread has taken a turn for the depressing. All the rumours a few days ago were a bit more promising. All the things people were hearing from reliable sources were saying our QC had played a blinder and we were looking good. 

Now the reliable sources are saying points deductions, administration, liquidation and a bleak future that none of us want. All Chansiris fault and he's the devil. 

All without any proof whatsoever and every post with as little substance as the last. I think there's some seeds of doubt being sown somewhere along the line, not sure where and why, but from what I can see this case has been airtight and watertight in terns of leaks of info. There is nowt coming out. Gone are the days of sueno and billsaja, our business is happening behind closed doors, not on here. 

Until the announcement is made formally, everything you read on here has come from a source that isn't involved in the process and is regurgitating something they've been told from someone else who isn't involved in the process. Or they're making it up themselves for attention like that lass on twitter. 

Nobody is revealing their sources, all we get is someone who's usually reliable type comments. Means nowt. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Mcguigan
5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

F7FCD1F0-6F62-4B82-89CC-7AC208696082.jpeg

50% reduction in the sanction?

So they can compete in the CL but only up to the quarter finals.