THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I’ve not read this thread, so apologies if it’s already been mentioned. But I don’t really understand the timescales. I seem to remember that when Birmingham had  their points deducted there was something about it needed to be applied by the end of March otherwise it would have to apply the following season. Games wise, that’s usually when there’s about 6 games left, which obviously now we have fewer than that left.

So if we’re found guilty and get punished then surely it will be applied next season now given timeframes. We’ve heard nothing and the season finishes in 11 days time. 

It seems unfair to apply it once the season is complete, it seems like the ballpark points deduction is in the 9-12 points region. In our case that will potentially mean we’re automatically relegated, which is unfair, or it will mean that we drop from say 14th to 20th and be completely meaningless if we finish clear of the relegation zone by a wider distance.

When Wigan have had their deduction the EFL stated it will be applied this season if they finish outside the bottom 3, or next season if they finished inside it. The point being that it’s a punishment and that if they were relegated anyway it’s meaningless. By the same token, if we’re 15 points clear come the end of the season I can’t see why they’d apply it this season.

Then you’d have all of the other teams kicking off wanting it to be applied ASAP. It’s all a bit of a mess and there’s no transparency on what the rules are or when we can expect something 

I haven’t read your post, what did it say?

lol

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Don’t get how the suspended bit works. That’s comes into play how and when?

I've seen the rumour he's "heard", several times. Now people are hearing from people who've "heard" when they've just seen it repeated ad nauseum on social media. 

Bad wording, as 12 points with 9 suspended is effectively a 3 point deduction. The way they've put it , ie a 12 point deduction this season, would actually be 21 points with 9 suspended. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've just been told it's a deduction of 84. This has been suspended until we reach 80 points In which its doubled to -112. Now it only kicks in if the the blunts beat the weeds 6 all in the European Masters Championship of Wales with extra time looming.

Yep were promoted 😉

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I've seen the rumour he's "heard", several times. Now people are hearing from people who've "heard" when they've just seen it repeated ad nauseum on social media. 

Bad wording, as 12 points with 9 suspended is effectively a 3 point deduction. The way they've put it , ie a 12 point deduction this season, would actually be 21 points with 9 suspended. 

It’s the suspended bit I don’t get. Based on what, good behaviour?

2 hours ago, sten said:

Just heard that we're about to be given a 12 point deduction with a 9 point deduction suspended until next season.

Just heard that nobody has heard anything worth hearing. 

Just everyone give it a rest until it’s official, then we can all celebrate/moan/get back t’Lane as appropriate.

:ghoulguy:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sten said:

Just heard that we're about to be given a 12 point deduction with a 9 point deduction suspended until next season.

Please do start taking your tablets again. If you take enough of them for a couple of days that should suppress reduce the voices, But I should also point out two points: this coming week Tuesday will be ahead of Wednesday but Wednesday will be ahead of Thursday, Oh and another point I just heard that Wednesday will play on Tuesday. I hope this helps. 

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

Based on who’s rules? Do the panel have guidance or some sliding scale on punishments? 

Genuine question. How is the punishment decided? 

Yes, there are the sanctioning guidelines for P&S breaches which indeed have a sliding scale. They haven’t been published but the published Birmingham decision refers to them and gave a lot of the detail

2 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I’ve not read this thread, so apologies if it’s already been mentioned. But I don’t really understand the timescales. I seem to remember that when Birmingham had  their points deducted there was something about it needed to be applied by the end of March otherwise it would have to apply the following season. Games wise, that’s usually when there’s about 6 games left, which obviously now we have fewer than that left.

So if we’re found guilty and get punished then surely it will be applied next season now given timeframes. We’ve heard nothing and the season finishes in 11 days time. 

It seems unfair to apply it once the season is complete, it seems like the ballpark points deduction is in the 9-12 points region. In our case that will potentially mean we’re automatically relegated, which is unfair, or it will mean that we drop from say 14th to 20th and be completely meaningless if we finish clear of the relegation zone by a wider distance.

When Wigan have had their deduction the EFL stated it will be applied this season if they finish outside the bottom 3, or next season if they finished inside it. The point being that it’s a punishment and that if they were relegated anyway it’s meaningless. By the same token, if we’re 15 points clear come the end of the season I can’t see why they’d apply it this season.

Then you’d have all of the other teams kicking off wanting it to be applied ASAP. It’s all a bit of a mess and there’s no transparency on what the rules are or when we can expect something 

thats exactly what i posted 100 pages ago...