THE EFL HEARING THREAD

55 minutes ago, striker said:

Not that I believe the Derby source. But that reads to me as a 12 point penalty, 9 suspended = 3 deducted this season. Which wouldn't put us in the relegation places  

I think it means altogether we would have 21 points as punishment. 12 of those would be applied now and the remaining 9 kept on the back burner for if we mess up again. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

I think it means altogether we would have 21 points as punishment. 12 of those would be applied now and the remaining 9 kept on the back burner for if we mess up again. 

which will probably happen when we publish last years accounts

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

im struggling to see how, if proved, spending too much money get the same or worse penalty than going in to administration and not paying for the money you have spent with potentially horrendous life changing consequences for innocent people

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

9 or more and we are down.

Next 2 games are QPR and Huddersfield I believe. We would need 6 points from them to give us any chance, way we are playing I very much doubt that will happen, and also have to hope Wigan do get -12 this season. I’m so so annoyed we are even in this position in the first place. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

I think if you look back at the charges against us and the money involved, it seemed pretty obvious if guilty our punishment would be -9 points for the offence. There are guidelines set by the EFL. Then, if it’s found we ducked dived and downright lied or tried to deceive the EFL further points could be deducted- up to 12 (totalling -21)

so that’s where -9, -12 etc stems from. 

If guilty It’ll defo be 9 with probably a few more for good measure. 

Max 12 points for breaching P&S limit and up to 9 for aggravating factors

If they give points for aggravating factors I’d like to know why they couldn’t make a misconduct charge stand up 

2 hours ago, dykwim said:

About right that if true, wouldn’t expect a major let off. Will be surreal being in League One again. When will this club get a break. To think we were one win away from the premier a few seasons ago, what a turning point that would have been. 

Get a break when the club starts getting run righr

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

Classic Wednesday if we finally get the news that we’re being punished and we still don’t know what’s going on thanks to some points being suspended :duntmatter:

why wouldnt we know what was going on if some points were suspended?