THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Its not a cinema though mate ...peoples dads, grandad, great grandad has been going for years ...its in their blood.

In reality it is a cinema...no use being sentimental, no sentiment in business and all that..

And i've only seen a few decent films there in the past 20 yrs.

WTF:

My gut tells me we are gonna get split penalty. 10 points now (probably relegate us that) with 12 suspended.This might stop a appeal on our part if we are threatened with further points next season.

Worry is we haven’t filed this years accounts yet (which I think are due end of month?) and if these are as bad as feared then it might trigger the suspended points so we will start League one on -12. Double whammy. Really hope I’m wrong this is only my worry by the way not itk.

15 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

My gut tells me we are gonna get split penalty. 10 points now (probably relegate us that) with 12 suspended.This might stop a appeal on our part if we are threatened with further points next season.

Worry is we haven’t filed this years accounts yet (which I think are due end of month?) and if these are as bad as feared then it might trigger the suspended points so we will start League one on -12. Double whammy. Really hope I’m wrong this is only my worry by the way not itk.

This years accounts that you mention are due are actually the 18/19 accounts. 

Not being petulant, just clearing it up. 

Just now, Essix Blue said:

Yeah sorry should’ve said last years they might look even worse 😳

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Because they (EFL) now have the ability to relegate us should they wish too with only 12 points to play for.

I feel there has to be a fair cut off time and imo that time has long gone.

Ironically that's the same thing the EFL are saying about our stadium sale... WTF:

17 minutes ago, stuffed owl said:

About right that if true, wouldn’t expect a major let off. Will be surreal being in League One again. When will this club get a break. To think we were one win away from the premier a few seasons ago, what a turning point that would have been. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Several things have come out of this. One is the flak that DC has taken, and is still taking, about selling he ground. 'The ground is ours' is the cry from many supporters. Sorry, Chaps, it is NOT. The only thing that is yours by right is the opportunity to watch football matches  (from certain seats if ST holders). When you pay to go to a football match, you do not pay to buy any part of the club, purely the entertainment that is  put on. It's like saying 'I pay to go to the pictures regularly, so I own part of the Cinema.' The club is not ours. We don't employ the players or anyone else.. We simply pay to be 'entertained'.

As for the signing off of accounts, maybe we should plead precedent. We have spent a number of years as part of the EU - who's accounts have not been 'signed off' for about 10 years.  

You mention that we pay for the "entertainment" put on by the team. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Derby's accounts were due on the 31st March but were delayed until the 30th June because of the Coronavirus. They are are now officially late in submitting them.