THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Several things have come out of this. One is the flak that DC has taken, and is still taking, about selling he ground. 'The ground is ours' is the cry from many supporters. Sorry, Chaps, it is NOT. The only thing that is yours by right is the opportunity to watch football matches  (from certain seats if ST holders). When you pay to go to a football match, you do not pay to buy any part of the club, purely the entertainment that is  put on. It's like saying 'I pay to go to the pictures regularly, so I own part of the Cinema.' The club is not ours. We don't employ the players or anyone else.. We simply pay to be 'entertained'.

As for the signing off of accounts, maybe we should plead precedent. We have spent a number of years as part of the EU - who's accounts have not been 'signed off' for about 10 years.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Why?

Because they (EFL) now have the ability to relegate us should they wish too with only 12 points to play for.

I feel there has to be a fair cut off time and imo that time has long gone.

• Like 1

I was watching the Leeds Stoke match earlier and they bought the bottom end of the table up and it was almost farcical talking about how many points Stoke were above the bottom 3 and what they needed to do to survive knowing that the table wasn’t even accurate with potentially 2 sides facing hefty points deductions before the end of the season.

To be going into the last 4 games of the season and sides not knowing what the accurate league table looks like and what they have to do to stay up is a joke.

It’s an absolute farce and doesn’t look great on the EFL.

Potentially next season if we don’t get a deduction this season, you could see points deductions for us, Villa and Derby... again the actual league table won’t be accurate.

Anyone remember when football used to be sorted out on the pitch.

Edited by TrickyTrev

Guest Ferkorf
4 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Because they (EFL) now have the ability to relegate us should they wish too with only 12 points to play for.

I feel there has to be a fair cut off time and imo that time has long gone.

Not the Efl dishing out the punishment.

Independent panel

10 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Several things have come out of this. One is the flak that DC has taken, and is still taking, about selling he ground. 'The ground is ours' is the cry from many supporters. Sorry, Chaps, it is NOT. The only thing that is yours by right is the opportunity to watch football matches  (from certain seats if ST holders). When you pay to go to a football match, you do not pay to buy any part of the club, purely the entertainment that is  put on. It's like saying 'I pay to go to the pictures regularly, so I own part of the Cinema.' The club is not ours. We don't employ the players or anyone else.. We simply pay to be 'entertained'.

As for the signing off of accounts, maybe we should plead precedent. We have spent a number of years as part of the EU - who's accounts have not been 'signed off' for about 10 years.  

Its not a cinema though mate ...peoples dads, grandad, great grandad has been going for years ...its in their blood.

I get how people feel and how they somehow feel attached, yes as a buisness you are correct although you put it across in a very cold tone.

Football clubs and grounds are sacred to some folk in the community.

Edited by TaxiMark
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Buxtongent said:

You don't know the difference between a fan and a customer.   How sad.  If we were all just customers, the business would be dead because the product is expensive poo and continually lets us down.

What's that got to do with the EU accounts anyway?   (For the record, they've been signed off as "Fair and Accurate" since 2007 by the Court of Auditors). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1