THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest wilyfox

So, reliable sources range from "we won"..."12pt deduction"...to my source telling me "elevation to champions league". 

I spoke to a sports lawyer earlier this week.  They have nothing to do with this case, but being a football fan, taking an interest in proceedings.  Their informal opinion is that if we are found guilty, we'll get the full 21 points deducted, but 6, or perhaps 9 suspended in case we breach again.

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Anybody thought that if we get let off DC will be seen as some sort of genius saviour of Sheffield Wednesday that beat the bad guys. (Especially on social media)

And everything else will again, be swept under the carpet.

The scary thing is that would 100% happen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

Our qc bloke seems to have loads of spare time during the day to tweet really unimportant stuff. Unless that's his way of winding down between intense courtroom sessions I'm thinking he's not actually doing owt to do with this case at the moment. Proper weird. 

Shouting 'DID YOU ORDER CODE RED?' Five times in a row is exhausting.  Try it.  Either that or Tom Cruise is actually a good actor.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Big Fish said:

I spoke to a sports lawyer earlier this week.  They have nothing to do with this case, but being a football fan, taking an interest in proceedings.  Their informal opinion is that if we are found guilty, we'll get the full 21 points deducted, but 6, or perhaps 9 suspended in case we breach again.

Full 21 points? I thought there was no limit? They could dock us 50 points if our crimes warranted it couldn't  they? Sure there was stuff about this when it first surfaced and 21 was seized upon the same way 12 has been. But neither figure is a benchmark as we are the first club to be charged with this. 

I'm usually wrong though. 

Just now, latemodelchild said:

Full 21 points? I thought there was no limit? They could dock us 50 points if our crimes warranted it couldn't  they? Sure there was stuff about this when it first surfaced and 21 was seized upon the same way 12 has been. But neither figure is a benchmark as we are the first club to be charged with this. 

I'm usually wrong though. 

It's 9 for the breach and up to an additional 12 if aggravated  - which if we've been found guilty, I think will be applied in some way

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nero said:

just go your own way....

Sorry....

Love that song, when I recently worked in a dementia care home I’d always play it in one of the residents rooms, her husband said she loved it. We’d rock out lunchtime while I fed her. 
I’d tell her about the MGTOW’s 

sorry not relevant 

Edited by Bourbon
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

Death by a thousand cuts this. Just get on with it FFS so I can plan my journey to Fleetwood. 

Tell you the truth ,I will be glad when its over ,What ever the decision is ,I Can remember the Save our owls  ,Share issue ,We have had dark days before ,But we have always had a light at the end of the Tunnel ,So let  them get on with it ,And see what happens