22 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

I can’t see how it’s possible or even why an independent panel would purposely delay announcing the level of deduction, in the hope Wednesday get more points on the board and the deduction has no effect. Doesn’t make sense to me

For the EFL to save face?   

Makes em look like they’re doing something, while at the same time not affecting owt really and avoids them incurring another mahoosive  legal bill!

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

You'll get nothing out of that. They should have done this yesterday when Simon Jordan was on, coz he gives zero f*cks lol

is that 1 or 2

6 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Hi Nigel, well researched. I don't have any problem with the occasional cut and paste as the onset of dementia can make life so difficult in many different ways. What is not so surprising is that you would take the time to gain a laugh at my expense for one of a number of disabilities I have.

The frustrating thing about the early onset of dementia is that memory is well capable of going back 50 years or more. Yet, can not recall the simple task of determining whether or not you have remembered to take your morning medication.

So apologies if anyone is offended by my giving a clearer picture of the Saint Pauli district in view of the fact that I remembered my curry house though not the name.

So not offended Nigel just surprised that an 'upstanding businessman' and 'charitable hero' has so much time on his hands to search for cheap laughs at my expense. And such a shame for me that I have had to resort to defending my integrity by revealing part of my medical history.      

It's not right pal 

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

You'll get nothing out of that. They should have done this yesterday when Simon Jordan was on, coz he gives zero f*cks lol

Which is why he is on today....no awkward questions from Jim who is everyone's mate

• Like 1

Just now, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

is that 1 or 2

On 1 at half 12, but it's only Jim WHite, Trever Sinclair and Nat. What you want is Simon Jordan 

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Is he really that bad? Pretty sure he has got certain things right in the past? 

" Any news on transfers for Sheffield Wednesday Nicko?"

" Monk's priority is a striker, plenty of irons in the fire. Needs to offload first."

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Hi Nigel, well researched. I don't have any problem with the occasional cut and paste as the onset of dementia can make life so difficult in many different ways. What is not so surprising is that you would take the time to gain a laugh at my expense for one of a number of disabilities I have.

The frustrating thing about the early onset of dementia is that memory is well capable of going back 50 years or more. Yet, can not recall the simple task of determining whether or not you have remembered to take your morning medication.

So apologies if anyone is offended by my giving a clearer picture of the Saint Pauli district in view of the fact that I remembered my curry house though not the name.

So not offended Nigel just surprised that an 'upstanding businessman' and 'charitable hero' has so much time on his hands to search for cheap laughs at my expense. And such a shame for me that I have had to resort to defending my integrity by revealing part of my medical history.      

Cheers, Dave

8 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

On 1 at half 12, but it's only Jim WHite, Trever Sinclair and Nat. What you want is Simon Jordan 

Jim White - “you just breathed there Trevor, for anybody listening to the show, Trevor just breathed and I have to say it was the most incredible breathing, I’d go as far as to say, nobody has ever breathed like that Trevor, remarkable, amazing, incredible, best ever, groundbreaking......etc”.

• Haha 3

Parry has just made a good point to be fair.

If you try and make the fit and proper owner test more stringent, you limit the pool of potential owners, and would clubs vote for this?

27 minutes ago, mogbad said:

My two penneth on the delay of the announcement is to allow the legal teams from both sides to draft their response to the outcome. We all know legal people don't rush for anybody.

If it was a good resolution for us there wouldn’t be a delay I don’t think, there must be some kind of appeal going on behind closed doors or Chansiri is doing whatever. Would he do that if there were no points being deducted? 

I don’t think so. We’re fooked

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Parry has just made a good point to be fair.

If you try and make the fit and proper owner test more stringent, you limit the pool of potential owners, and would clubs vote for this?

Think we already know that Rick..in fairness if they have the cash and prove it then not much the league can do. If the rumours are true 're Wigan then it was a well orchestrated and nothing could have been done. Think as others have said in what world does a bookie in the far east  think that a huge bet on a championship team is not  a little suspicious. 

Nothing on us, nothing on FFP.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Nothing on us, nothing on FFP.

As expected a waste of time. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

Looking back to all those posters Sunday neet was it ? The ITK ones ...wonder when we will seem them back ?

4 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Looking back to all those posters Sunday neet was it ? The ITK ones ...wonder when we will seem them back ?

I thought it was Thursday/Friday that the rumours were kicking about?

Seeing as Gibson at Middlesbrough and Barnsley we’re doing the most sh#t stirring about Wednesday...Are the panel hoping Middlesbrough and Barnsley stay up ...then give us a points deduction to finish 4th from bottom ???....I bet Gibson and the dingles will say nothing then ..just so long as they stay up too

Posted (edited)

I’m just pinning my hopes on Gypsy Owl’s source Being close enough to know, as he has previous for being right.

That said, with each passing day since his post, I am becoming less and less confident. 

I also think it is very unlikely they are waiting to see how many points we get before they dock us points. That sounds very wishful thinking at best. There is no way that would not lead to follow up legal action from

the clubs it affects. 

Edited by Think tank

41 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

For the EFL to save face?   

Makes em look like they’re doing something, while at the same time not affecting owt really and avoids them incurring another mahoosive  legal bill!

Why does an independent panel have interests in saving face of the EFL at the detriment to their own integrity. That makes no sense at all. If the panel find a verdict then they decide the level of punishment. In giving the punishment they have no interest in protecting either swfc or the EFL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, bazapeps said:

integrity

A word that shouldn't really be attached to any aspect of football these days ! lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Why does an independent panel have interests in saving face of the EFL at the detriment to their own integrity. That makes no sense at all. If the panel find a verdict then they decide the level of punishment. In giving the punishment they have no interest in protecting either swfc or the EFL

It's almost like people wanna believe the conspiracy theories.... You might have to post this another 10 times yet today

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1