THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Just now, ChapSmurf said:

Or alternatively, have you considered that there is actually nothing to say at this point, or nothing that they can legally advise?

Why do some of our fans just jump straight on to the back of the club if we don't get to hear any news, like it's some absolute right that fans must be kept in the loop at all times? It just baffles me.

TBF to fans, we haven’t even been told officially the hearing is taking place. 

3 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Just thinking why Derby’s case hasn’t been heard yet. 

How convenient it’d be if they got promoted first, eh?

Ask Derby's chief exec, he's on the EFL board. 

Just now, Essix Blue said:

I'm fairly sure we have heard, although perhaps not officially. But why does the club need to tell us the hearing is taking place anyway?

It doesn't actually affect us, does it, just the club we support? I know that's a bit of a contradiction, but we aren't actual stakeholders/shareholders in the company, just fans of the football club. There is a huge difference. It doesn't affect our investment or our own personal finances, but that of the business that controls the club we support.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree that football is very different to other businesses, and the fans should be updated on things of this nature, but the club don't have to and probably can't until such times as a decision has been made, and can be made public.

Guest Therealrealist
10 minutes ago, Bucksowl said:

And to some Chansiri can do no right, the truth is some ware in the middle 🙂

What has he done right? Not havin a dig just interested cus I can’t think of much..

new scoreboard

new pitch

Guest gizowl
6 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

According to Sky after the game on Sunday the meeting had finished and were just waiting the panels decision. 

Guest Grandad
8 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

But why does the club need to tell us the hearing is taking place anyway?

It doesn't actually affect us, does it, just the club we support? I know that's a bit of a contradiction, but we aren't actual stakeholders/shareholders in the company, just fans of the football club. There is a huge difference. It doesn't affect our investment or our own personal finances, but that of the business that controls the club we support.

Anybody that holds that kind of view really doesnt understand football or its fans

5 minutes ago, gizowl said:

According to Sky after the game on Sunday the meeting had finished and were just waiting the panels decision. 

Is it a panel of women?

Yes but no but yes but no. I’ve changed my mind again.

• Haha 1

All this blaming the EFL for delaying the procedure, which it may well have done but it could just as easily be the club or the clubs legal representatives that have delayed the process.

27 minutes ago, mogbad said:

No, the EFL don't have the authority to do that.

It's interesting about the tactics from both parties - SWFC and the EFL leading up to the charges.

SWFC, through the three then board Directors, agreed to delay the accounts. The two directors then resigned; one left altogether and the other stayed as FD. This left DC as the sole party to essentially sign off the delayed accounts, and presumably take the full responsibility for the actions of setting up the phantom company and selling (transferring) the ground to it and releasing £60m to off-set the debt. DC clearly only did this to satisfy the FFP rules. In the end, it's all his debt.

The EFL tried to 'charge' the three directors with misconduct. I assume they thought there was a conspiracy and wanted to punish them from being directors of any football club in future? This failed and leaves the question about evidence and weight of the EFL case against all three, inarticulacy DC as the remaining director. I assume the other two former directors resigned to protect themselves, against any charges etc, which in the end wasn't required.

What puzzles me is the jurisdiction of the EFL. They are after all just a 'club' with members, who sign up to their 'rules'. They clearly can not influence English Law in particularly Finance/Accountancy law. Providing SWFC have fulfilled all that is required under the Finance laws, SWFC and its director(s) are in the clear. In the end, the accounts, albeit delayed, were audited and signed-off and submitted to company's house. What processes SWFC failed to comply with under the EFL 'rules' remain to be seen. What I very much doubt is even if SWFC have broken any EFL 'rules', they won't have broken any laws.

• Like 3

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, Animis said:

It's interesting about the tactics from both parties - SWFC and the EFL leading up to the charges.

SWFC, through the three then board Directors, agreed to delay the accounts. The two directors then resigned; one left altogether and the other stayed as FD. This left DC as the sole party to essentially sign off the delayed accounts, and presumably take the full responsibility for the actions of setting up the phantom company and selling (transferring) the ground to it and releasing £60m to off-set the debt. DC clearly only did this to satisfy the FFP rules. In the end, it's all his debt.

The EFL tried to 'charge' the three directors with misconduct. I assume they thought there was a conspiracy and wanted to punish them from being directors of any football club in future? This failed and leaves the question about evidence and weight of the EFL case against all three, inarticulacy DC as the remaining director. I assume the other two former directors resigned to protect themselves, against any charges etc, which in the end wasn't required.

What puzzles me is the jurisdiction of the EFL. They are after all just a 'club' with members, who sign up to their 'rules'. They clearly can not influence English Law in particularly Finance/Accountancy law. Providing SWFC have fulfilled all that is required under the Finance laws, SWFC and its director(s) are in the clear. In the end, the accounts, albeit delayed, were audited and signed-off and submitted to company's house. What processes SWFC failed to comply with under the EFL 'rules' remain to be seen. What I very much doubt is even if SWFC have broken any EFL 'rules', they won't have broken any laws.

It is entirely feasible that the 'club' (EFL) that we are a member of can have different rules that apply to its members that have stricter rules on finances than those set out in law.

40 minutes ago, Manwë said:

If we are sanctioned, and then relegated because we are docked points, how could we sue for damages?

As a football club, we agree to the rules and regulations of the game in order to take part in the EFL structure, that includes spending and disciplinary rules.   We are allowed to play football outside of the EFL structure if we choose, go back to Sheffield Rules football and play Hallam  FC every week, or whatever, but we won't be playing in the EFL again.

Can you imagine any other aspect of life where you agree to a set of rules, break them, and then ask those who hold the rules to pay you compensation for upholding them?  

If we've broken the rules, we'll be punished and rightly so.  If we've not broken the rules, we won't be punished, and rightly so. 

Stop it with your common sense and logic. There's no place for it on this forum.

40 minutes ago, Manwë said:

If we are sanctioned, and then relegated because we are docked points, how could we sue for damages?

As a football club, we agree to the rules and regulations of the game in order to take part in the EFL structure, that includes spending and disciplinary rules.   We are allowed to play football outside of the EFL structure if we choose, go back to Sheffield Rules football and play Hallam  FC every week, or whatever, but we won't be playing in the EFL again.

Can you imagine any other aspect of life where you agree to a set of rules, break them, and then ask those who hold the rules to pay you compensation for upholding them?  

If we've broken the rules, we'll be punished and rightly so.  If we've not broken the rules, we won't be punished, and rightly so. 

Maybe so but there is leave to appeal the decision and/or the penalty.