THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Grandad
35 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

My mate told me Dom Howson tweeted it.

I can’t find it on his twitter feed so it must’ve been on his Q&A on that examiner page he’s always tweeting, for whatever reason I can’t get onto it however.

I’m pretty sure grandad posted on here too that the hearing had be concluded.

Yes the hearing concluded last week.

15 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Yes the hearing concluded last week.

It really is ridiculous that we’ve heard nothing. They must have reached a decision but why aren’t they making it public? Besides anything else with the uncertainty it must be hampering GM’s recruitment for next season. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

It really is ridiculous that we’ve heard nothing. They must have reached a decision but why aren’t they making it public? Besides anything else with the uncertainty it must be hampering GM’s recruitment for next season. 

Agree, 15 days till the season finishes. A statement from the club or efl with some sort of update wouldn’t go amiss. Once again shows how little they think of the fans IMO. 

• Like 2

I don't think the EFL are bothered one iota about us...it's more about protecting themselves. All that posturing, taking DC to court for misconduct only to drop it, and probably only coming up with fining us. They know that it's at this point that the clubs are going to get together and say f*** the EFL. Watch FFP go out of the window for next season it's past its sell by date and not fit for purpose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Grandad
Just now, daveyboy66 said:

I don't think the EFL are bothered one iota about us...it's more about protecting themselves. All that posturing, taking DC to court for misconduct only to drop it, and probably only coming up with fining us. They know that it's at this point that the clubs are going to get together and say f*** the EFL. Watch FFP go out of the window for next season it's past its sell by date and not fit for purpose.

I don't think anybody has gone to court? In all of this? Its not about court is it?

Its an independent panel

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

Didn't they want DC, Katrien in court for misconduct?

I might be wrong - but if its just a breech of EFL regulations - surely its not a matter for the courts?

The announcement has to come from the EFL, they determined when the hearing took place and this should have been done and dusted months 

ago. As they have left every thing so late they have left them wide open to appeals and litigation. Its a complete mess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I don't think anybody has gone to court? In all of this? Its not about court is it?

Its an independent panel

it is at present, if they sanction us it likely relegates us.

then dc goes to court for damages, and where do you start with that?

£30m easily, £50m, £100m, or more?

along with the stigma of a club prosecuting a governing body, even for britain it doesn't look good.

Charges dropped against dc Katrein and other person wasn’t they? Makes me wonder if the club and efl coming to an agreement about how we pay fine or points deduction? Might av been found not guilty if chargers against us but guilty of bringing game in disrepute? Or something along those lines? So instead of it rumbling along again we reach a compromise? After all we need it sorting and so do they for final league standings ??