THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, BigPP said:

TRUMP-page-001.thumb.jpg.bf837c9f317c1367e30cb65d31d8fd86.jpg

Love his logic. “Disinfectant gets rid of the virus off surfaces so can’t we inject it into our veins so it can do the same?”

Fecking doofus. 

then he makes out he was joking 😂

Leader of the free world ladies and gentlemen. 

Edited by dykwim

2 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Back to the EFL hearing, maybe they’re just hoping we’ll forget about it?

Got to court, realised neither side could win, both parties agree not to mention it again and eventually people will forget 

Works for me. Just had another beer. Catching Neil up. 

13 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Does someone need to put out an alert for Neil. He’s not posted for over 20 minutes.

People of Whitby, please be on the lookout for a bearded man shouting for Huey.

Last seen in a bit of a tangle trying to find his hotel.

image.png.ebb4a6fa4f2ed40f3ce2d0de63e0a06c.png

• Love 1
  • Haha 8

56 minutes ago, dykwim said:

Love his logic. “Disinfectant gets rid of the virus off surfaces so can’t we inject it into our veins so it can do the same?”

Fecking doofus. 

then he makes out he was joking 😂

Leader of the free world ladies and gentlemen. 

He was talking about using UV like a laser treatment from what I made of it. But then these days two people see the same video and see different things. Same as watching football matches.

15 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

He was talking about using UV like a laser treatment from what I made of it. But then these days two people see the same video and see different things. Same as watching football matches.

You are correct when you say two people can watch the same thing and see/hear something totally different. There is a mention of UV and powerful light in his statement that day. I think Trump's comments on that occasion or any other for that matter are best viewed through the filter of Sarah Cooper.

History will record that he was a narcissistic fool in the advanced stages of cognitive decline. He should be in a care facility, not The White House. 

This thread is so far off course the announcement has never been more urgent. lol

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

This is what Owlstalk used to be like...cheers Neil 🤣🤣

You’re not wrong Daveyboy. Anyone else remember the take that video, the four blokes that defunct s club seven, and got threatened with a pasting in the pub before the game, even though one of them was in America with an Estonian wife. And who can ever forget Raven Jet Burns live dirty protest.

ah the halcyon days of owlstalk.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Morepork said:

You are correct when you say two people can watch the same thing and see/hear something totally different. There is a mention of UV and powerful light in his statement that day.

Spot on mate. Confirmation bias isn't hard to spot when it comes to people watching the old Trumpster. He doesn't half spew rubbish sometimes, but on the other hand, it's not all tosh, yet some people are so deranged it completely skews their perspective. The irony then is that the people mocking Trump often end up looking more irrational than the man himself! Perhaps we shouldn't be so quick to listen to the people who told us with certainty that there was Russian collusion...

As it happens, there was actually an ongoing study with UV light being used internally as a possible cure for Corona... but let's all laugh at him anyway! For what it's worth, even the article above justifies the mockery by stating "yes, it was being studied, but it doesn't work - yet". Objective journalism that!

lol

6 hours ago, sMacLean said:

He said both. 

14 minutes ago, dykwim said:

He said both. 

Look at this with an objective lens and he's throwing out ideas, he even states that it's something that "sounds interesting" and needs to be "tested" by "medical professionals", which means he clearly isn't one and is just repeating things he's heard from somewhere.

I'm not suggesting that as President it's responsible for him to blurt out anything that enters his mind, but this is hardly the big story people made it out to be. The only reason everyone knows he said this is because people are eager to latch onto absolutely anything he says and run with it. If there's an opportunity to ridicule Trump, people will be on it.

Isn't it embarrassing how easy this makes it for him to create sideshows and control the conversation? While everyone is busy laughing it up in their echo chamber, real issues go unchecked. He has every incentive to continue what he's doing, because it can actually help him.

Now look what you've done Neil! Politics has leaked into this section.

:duntmatter:

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

You’re not wrong Daveyboy. Anyone else remember the take that video, the four blokes that defunct s club seven, and got threatened with a pasting in the pub before the game, even though one of them was in America with an Estonian wife. And who can ever forget Raven Jet Burns live dirty protest.

ah the halcyon days of owlstalk.

I’m not joking every now and again a memory of Raven Jet Burn pops into my head and I have to remind myself he was real and it really happened. The maddest thing ever