THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

This is the 10th day of the hearing and we will be entering the third week tomorrow. What the hell is going on here ? 

Its not

The hearing was completed last week.

Wasn't Birminghams 9pt deduction for breaching FFP? 

It may be taking so long  because we are the first club to try and back date our stadium sale into the previous years accounts. 

Guest Grandad
Just now, S36 OWL said:

Wasn't Birminghams 9pt deduction for breaching FFP? 

It may be taking so long  because we are the first club to try and back date our stadium sale into the previous years accounts. 

If its decided that the stadium sale should be in the next years accounts (ie the year it was sold) then we will have breached FFP by over £20m

43 minutes ago, billyblack said:

They should distribute money by giving the bottom team most money upwards leading to the top team getting least money

If that's not going to cause more gambling fraud then I don't know what is. 

9 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Its not

The hearing was completed last week.

I haven't read all the thread but that's the first time I've heard that. Where did you get that information from? 

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

If its decided that the stadium sale should be in the next years accounts (ie the year it was sold) then we will have breached FFP by over £20m

Hence the huge grey area - in that we have broken no law of the land but the EFL have got to be arguing that this is 'not in the spirit' of the rules.

4 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Hence the huge grey area - in that we have broken no law of the land but the EFL have got to be arguing that this is 'not in the spirit' of the rules.

I hope they are mate...cos I doubt there is any such thing....

Just now, asteener1867 said:

I hope they are mate...cos I doubt there is any such thing....

There is however not when it comes to the laws of the land. It is well publicised that the EFL accepted the accounts as a true record and the charges that were brought were retrospective hence the vigorous defence from the club 

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Ooh.... carte Blanche!!

Open season on Giddings everyone!!  

She`d get it!!!

So if we do get found not guilty of this, the chances are that by the next accounts we will have breached FFP so the EFL will punish us for that either with a point deduction or an embargo? 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

So if we do get found not guilty of this, the chances are that by the next accounts we will have breached FFP so the EFL will punish us for that either with a point deduction or an embargo? 

Um bongo!