THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

You would think any guilty verdict against the club would go hand in hand in with a misconduct charge against the owner, but the EFL lost that one 

They dropped the misconduct charges before they went to the panel, so didn't lose them as such. Maybe to focus on one case rather than four, but who knows. It would seem odd that individuals are off the hook but the club is still liable.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Thoughts...

Would it be better taking a 12 point hit this season to get it out of the way?

If we get relegated, we would look to strengthen the squad, quite possibly come top and be on a high the following season and could do a Leicester or United.

If we don't get relegated then we start afresh next season and strengthen knowing where we stand.

If we aren't deducted the points this season and take a hit starting next season with a 12 point deduction then promotion is very unlikely and costs will be higher anyway.

Do we want to take the hit this season or next?

Assuming we are found to be in breach...I think we would have heard by now if we weren't in breach.

Get relegated then finish top? I'm sure that Sunderland, Portsmouth, Forest etc all thought the same but it doesn't work that way. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

They dropped the misconduct charges before they went to the panel, so didn't lose them as such. Maybe to focus on one case rather than four, but who knows. It would seem odd that individuals are off the hook but the club is still liable.

Not so sure. 

my guess (yep that’s all it is) is that EFL couldn’t prove those three had acted deliberately against the rules / law. Doesn’t mean the club go Scott free, it’s possible SWFC broke the rules without finding any single person had acted fraudulently 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mickjj said:

Get relegated then finish top? I'm sure that Sunderland, Portsmouth, Forest etc all thought the same but it doesn't work that way. 

people have short memories. 

We’ve been in division 3 twice in the past 20 years. Both times we were there for 2 seasons and both times when we eventually got promoted it was far from easy 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

It's okay, when we win the case we can put the compensation from the EFL into the previous accounts :duntmatter:

Perhaps we can spread the compensation around the last 4 years, make everything look less worse

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

people have short memories. 

We’ve been in division 3 twice in the past 20 years. Both times we were there for 2 seasons and both times when we eventually got promoted it was far from easy 

I'm sure people said the same when we dropped from the Prem too 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Junglejay said:

It’s all ifs and buts (well it is from my side) but if we lost and only received a 6 point penalty, I’d fully expect some kind of legal action from one of the relegated clubs.  Which I suppose wouldn’t be our problem.  

One thing which is for certain is that it’s all one big mess.  

What legal action could they bring? You didn't give them a big enough deduction to stop us being relegated so it's not fair.

If we are found not guilty, would that mean that we would be starting the FFP ladder again? 

DC sold the stadium for 60 odd million which resulted in us posting a 2 million profit over the last 3 years if I'm not mistaken? 

So, if found not guilty, would that mean that we would be able to spend what we want going forward as long as we don't breach the FFP rules for the next 3 years? 

Guest Grandad
8 minutes ago, mr g 1999 said:

If we are found not guilty, would that mean that we would be starting the FFP ladder again? 

DC sold the stadium for 60 odd million which resulted in us posting a 2 million profit over the last 3 years if I'm not mistaken? 

So, if found not guilty, would that mean that we would be able to spend what we want going forward as long as we don't breach the FFP rules for the next 3 years? 

You are mistaken

It was a £2m profit for the season - after the stadium was sold - not for the collective 3 seasons.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

You are mistaken

It was a £2m profit for the season - after the stadium was sold - not for the collective 3 seasons.

I see, so regardless of the hearings outcome we'll still have our hands tied financially I assume. 

Just now, mr g 1999 said:

I see, so regardless of the hearings outcome we'll still have our hands tied financially I assume. 

Half the league will fail FFP with the amount owners will have to pump in until there allowed crowds back 

Guest Grandad
Just now, Royal_D said:

Half the league will fail FFP with the amount owners will have to pump in until there allowed crowds back 

Those figures will be NEXT season and the League have already said that P&S will be relaxed as a result of Covid lockdown

We have to be worried about what will happen when LAST seasons accounts are due - at the end of this month

What happens on the pitch should stay on the pitch, Points won and lost. Anything else destroys the integrity of the game. 

Trying to deploy a system regarding financial integrity has too many factors in play makes it almost impossible. Small Towns, Big Cities; The pull of London for International players seems wholly unfair. The (Broke) Glaziers being able to borrow vast amount of money to buy Man U using negative equity in US as security; What was that about ? 

How can the governors of the game manage to keep a straight face while they compromise the  financial integrity of the game while huge parachute payments compromise the integrity of the championship on every level.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Those figures will be NEXT season and the League have already said that P&S will be relaxed as a result of Covid lockdown

We have to be worried about what will happen when LAST seasons accounts are due - at the end of this month

Didn’t realise they had already announced that, fair play 

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Can't wait for the accounts being released. :duntmatter:

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Can't wait for the accounts being released. :duntmatter:

Madness innit? When football fans pay more attention to the accounts than the league table.

I seem to know more about our legal team than our playing squad. 

You just couldn't make it up.  (Which I probably did a little) 

• Like 4