THE EFL HEARING THREAD

9 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

With the season due to end 2 weeks on Wednesday, it’s a ridiculous situation we find ourselves in. This should’ve been sorted out months ago. No excuses. We got charged in November and we are now in July. Our hearing was initially due to start in July and was only brought forward due to pressure from other clubs in the league. It just seems that the EFL have been so blasé regarding this case. 

This is why I’ve been thinking we are going to get off with the points deduction. I hope I’m right on this and I’m certainly not ITK. 

Wednesday appealed thus delaying the process. Most were happy about this?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

What the dickens ?.....................

Bleak outlook.

It's clear the case is in Dedlock.  Throw it in the Bucket already!

7 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I thought the EFL were deferring / postponing any P&S action for a year due to Covid? Will this have a bearing on our situation?

That's for this season, we haven't filed our accounts for last season yet. The hearing we have at the moment is from 2 season ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
39 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If we some how manage to come out of this without a points deduction it is only a matter of time.

Profit and Sustainability is a 3 year rolling calculation based on this season and the last 2. The proceeding now are based on the 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18 season i.e. The 31st July 2018 figures, (15/16 £9.8m loss, 16/17 £20.8m loss, 17/18 £2.6m profit) so losses of £28m before EFL calculation of allowable expenses.

Lets say we get off and no point deduction and the sale is accepted. Last season's financial statements have not been filed yet we know 16/17 £20.8m loss and 17/18 £2.6m profit so is the losses for 2018/19 (July 2019 accounts) are more than £21m we are once again in breach of P&S rules.

Basically we could get off this season and still be in the poo next season, because we break the rules again.

From 2017/18 season to 2018/19 season we only lost Loovens, Wallace, Hunt and Rhodes from the wage bill. We got in £1.5m from Hunt and £2m loan fee for Rhodes, we will have got nominal fees for Hirst and Clare. We then Signed Hector from Chelsea, Onamah from Spurs both reportedly on big wages. The wages for 2017/18 season - £42m - will the saving from the players leaving been enough to prevent us breaking the P&S again for last season without the stadium sale we would have lost £35m.

If we lose the EFL case, the accounts due to be filed the end of this month I fully expect to be filed late as using the 2018 figures accounting for no stadium sales, very few transfer and the above I see our losses in excess of £20.8m.

Can we sell anything else to DC for £40m this season? Nuhiu?

9 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

True, as long as the appeal wasn’t a frivolous time waster and DC and our lawyer friend were absolutely resolute we’d got a case, I’d say appeal.

Indeed. iirc wasting the panels time with pointless appeals etc can mean a greater penalty if found guilty. 

Thoughts...

Would it be better taking a 12 point hit this season to get it out of the way?

If we get relegated, we would look to strengthen the squad, quite possibly come top and be on a high the following season and could do a Leicester or United.

If we don't get relegated then we start afresh next season and strengthen knowing where we stand.

If we aren't deducted the points this season and take a hit starting next season with a 12 point deduction then promotion is very unlikely and costs will be higher anyway.

Do we want to take the hit this season or next?

Assuming we are found to be in breach...I think we would have heard by now if we weren't in breach.

12 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

True, as long as the appeal wasn’t a frivolous time waster and DC and our lawyer friend were absolutely resolute we’d got a case, I’d say appeal.

Why was the appeal frivolous?... Haven't  DC and KM (+ 1 other) already got absolved in wrong doing as part of the appeal process? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Thoughts...

If we get relegated, we would look to strengthen the squad, quite possibly come top and be on a high the following season and could do a Leicester or United.

If we don't get relegated then we start afresh next season and strengthen knowing where we stand.

If we aren't deducted the points this season and take a hit starting next season with a 12 point deduction then promotion is very unlikely and costs will be higher anyway.

Do we want to take the hit this season or next?

Assuming we are found to be in breach...I think we would have heard by now if we weren't in breach.

IF we are found guilty then we have to take the punishment this season, to start next season on -12 points would lead us to be nailed on for relegation and effectively  2+ seasons down the pan.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

What is this?

Either we are guilty, or we are not.   If we are guilty, we don't get to decide the punishment.  If we are not guilty, there is no punishment and no need to punish ourselves in advance on the promise of mythical sunny uplands that we can "do a Leicester/City/United".  We've been saying that for 20 years now.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

If the club gets found guilty and those 3 got away scott free, I'd be fuckingfurious.

You would think any guilty verdict against the club would go hand in hand in with a misconduct charge against the owner, but the EFL lost that one 

35 minutes ago, room0035 said:

That's for this season, we haven't filed our accounts for last season yet. The hearing we have at the moment is from 2 season ago.

Our accounts (when they get submitted) will be awful i suspect. There is nothing to suggest otherwise.

• Like 1