THE EFL HEARING THREAD

17 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

what is the EFL's longest running case? must be us

Dunno, QPR rumbled on forever didn’t it ?

2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Dunno, QPR rumbled on forever didn’t it ?

They weren't able to to held accountable by the EFL as they were in the Premier League, they were outside of their jurisdiction. As soon as they were relegated, the EFL began proceedings. 

Much like Villa, who will be in a whole heap of sh*t if they get relegated.

• Like 1

Had a bad feeling about this for a while now. Was hoping we'd amass enough points to negate a deduction after the Bristol win but now my ringpiece is twitching like a rabbits nose. 

People saying we need the decision now so we know what we need to do could be missing the point a bit. I don't think it matters when the verdict comes, we're showing we can't score when we should so even if we find out this week that 2 wins are needed I'd worry it'd be beyond this lot. £555 plus £150 for the lad seems like a lot of money for league 1 football that may not even happen. Hope I'm just catastrophising, as I'm known to do on occasion. 

Edited by latemodelchild
  • Haha 1

I’m dreading the prospect of us suddenly having to beat Boro to stay up. It’s what nightmares are made of especially now Warnock is there, I just don’t think this squad has the fight in them or Munk. Right now it’s like some damn self-fulfilling prophecy unfolding, the quicker we know what we have to face the better and at least we’ll know where we stand.

Just now, Growl67 said:

I’m dreading the prospect of us suddenly having to beat Boro to stay up. It’s what nightmares are made of especially now Warnock is there, I just don’t think this squad has the fight in them or Munk. Right now it’s like some damn self-fulfilling prophecy unfolding, the quicker we know what we have to face the better and at least we’ll know where we stand.

TBH I'd take the prospect of us being able to stay up if we beat Boro'. Even more so if it would either relegate them or Barnsley.

With the season due to end 2 weeks on Wednesday, it’s a ridiculous situation we find ourselves in. This should’ve been sorted out months ago. No excuses. We got charged in November and we are now in July. Our hearing was initially due to start in July and was only brought forward due to pressure from other clubs in the league. It just seems that the EFL have been so blasé regarding this case. 

This is why I’ve been thinking we are going to get off with the points deduction. I hope I’m right on this and I’m certainly not ITK. 

If we some how manage to come out of this without a points deduction it is only a matter of time.

Profit and Sustainability is a 3 year rolling calculation based on this season and the last 2. The proceeding now are based on the 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18 season i.e. The 31st July 2018 figures, (15/16 £9.8m loss, 16/17 £20.8m loss, 17/18 £2.6m profit) so losses of £28m before EFL calculation of allowable expenses.

Lets say we get off and no point deduction and the sale is accepted. Last season's financial statements have not been filed yet we know 16/17 £20.8m loss and 17/18 £2.6m profit so is the losses for 2018/19 (July 2019 accounts) are more than £21m we are once again in breach of P&S rules.

Basically we could get off this season and still be in the poo next season, because we break the rules again.

From 2017/18 season to 2018/19 season we only lost Loovens, Wallace, Hunt and Rhodes from the wage bill. We got in £1.5m from Hunt and £2m loan fee for Rhodes, we will have got nominal fees for Hirst and Clare. We then Signed Hector from Chelsea, Onamah from Spurs both reportedly on big wages. The wages for 2017/18 season - £42m - will the saving from the players leaving been enough to prevent us breaking the P&S again for last season without the stadium sale we would have lost £35m.

If we lose the EFL case, the accounts due to be filed the end of this month I fully expect to be filed late as using the 2018 figures accounting for no stadium sales, very few transfer and the above I see our losses in excess of £20.8m.

• Like 7