THE EFL HEARING THREAD

I suspect that if we had lost we would have heard by now. Probably lawyers from EFL looking over the outcome and considering whether an appeal is worth it. That's my gut feeling, no doubt we will find out soon enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Jack said:

I suspect that if we had lost we would have heard by now. Probably lawyers from EFL looking over the outcome and considering whether an appeal is worth it. That's my gut feeling, no doubt we will find out soon enough.

That’s how I see it as well. 

5 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Makes sense

9 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Probably lawyers from the EFL being given time to find a new job.

WTF:

49 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Oh I agree, it’s just the whole the EFL are just waiting to see how many points they need to deduct us conspiracy bullshit that gets to me. 

Considering the likes of Barnsley and Steve Gibson have apparently threatened the EFL with legal action, I personally don’t think this is as “independent” as it’s claimed to be.   

I’m no expert but I can’t see them taking legal action against the independent panel if they’re not happy with the outcome. 

14 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Would we not also have heard by now, if we had won?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Junglejay said:

Considering the likes of Barnsley and Steve Gibson have apparently threatened the EFL with legal action, I personally don’t think this is as “independent” as it’s claimed to be.   

I’m no expert but I can’t see them taking legal action against the independent panel if they’re not happy with the outcome. 

I thought they were only threatening this if the issue wasn’t sorted this season.

If it is , and we win, they can’t do anything about it 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steelowl said:

i agree total shithousery  i said it may not stand based on Di Marco touting for business saying this 

Nick De Marco QC

@nickdemarco_

Careful to keep an open mind, but given serious allegations have been made that the administration of Wigan may be part of a greater fraud & league-fixing illegal betting scandal, I cannot see how the EFL can allow the 12-point deduction without further investigation.1/4 #Wigan

Nick De Marco QC

@nickdemarco_

·Jul 4

4/4 If the EFL fails to put in place urgent independent investigation into this before sanctioning the Club, The FA, as ultimate regulator, has a duty to step in & the Club, its players & others may have a strong legal case against the EFL

I've been saying this for ages and though the FA are the leading body they seem completely spineless and gutless !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I thought they were only threatening this if the issue wasn’t sorted this season.

If it is , and we win, they can’t do anything about it 

It’s all ifs and buts (well it is from my side) but if we lost and only received a 6 point penalty, I’d fully expect some kind of legal action from one of the relegated clubs.  Which I suppose wouldn’t be our problem.  

One thing which is for certain is that it’s all one big mess.  

25 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Or we've lost & the EFL are waiting for our lawyers so that the EFL & us can publish a atement at the same time. At the end of the day we don't definitely know that the hearing has finished & a decision made by the panel.

13 hours ago, twolaptops said:

When asking Matt Hancock about a decision midweek on the Chinese 5G situation she said "Oh ..on Wednesday Huawei on Wednesday Huaweii"....................make of that what yyou will.

Going down a bumpy hillside,

In your hippy hat,

flying across the country,

and getting fat,

saying evrything is groovy,

when your tyres are flat

And it's HUA WEII SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY lol

• Haha 2

Guest gizowl
2 hours ago, Junglejay said:

I personally think they’re delaying it so they can give us the maximum points deduction that will not relegate us.  This way, we won’t appeal and cause them even more headaches.  Far fetched I know, but this is the EFL so who knows.

According to sky sports after the game today, he said the hearing had finished and were just awaiting the verdict. 

3 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Going down a bumpy hillside,

In your hippy hat,

flying across the country,

and getting fat,

saying evrything is groovy,

when your tyres are flat

And it's HUA WEII SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY lol

If ever you consider changing your Avatar 'Old Etonian Owl' very similar would get right up my nose lol

4 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

If ever you consider changing your Avatar 'Old Etonian Owl' very similar would get right up my nose lol

Sorry Nev. Maybe I'm a bit thick, but that has gone right over my head.:wacko:

Like to explain?

Edited by oldtawnyowl