THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

If DC sold the club to another company that he was the major shareholder of then put us in Administration 4 weeks later to make a killing on a bet we'd expect a points deduction.

i agree total shithousery  i said it may not stand based on Di Marco touting for business saying this 

Nick De Marco QC

@nickdemarco_

Careful to keep an open mind, but given serious allegations have been made that the administration of Wigan may be part of a greater fraud & league-fixing illegal betting scandal, I cannot see how the EFL can allow the 12-point deduction without further investigation.1/4 #Wigan

Nick De Marco QC

@nickdemarco_

·Jul 4

4/4 If the EFL fails to put in place urgent independent investigation into this before sanctioning the Club, The FA, as ultimate regulator, has a duty to step in & the Club, its players & others may have a strong legal case against the EFL

Edited by steelowl

33 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Not one person here knows the outcome. At the end the ones who got it right will tell you they knew all the time. The ones who got it wrong will just disappear.

You’ve missed one out mate,  The Back Trackers !!      UTO 

Guest gizowl
3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Wigan are in admin....They will have to get a 12 point deduction..Otherwise it opens a right can of worms for other clubs that were deducted points...

Correct, I do feel sorry for Wigan  once again the EFL are supposed to require proof of funds from a potential new owner that he can cover the running costs of said club for up to a full season, so have they cocked up again? I mean a month FFS. But they have got to be seen as consistent and treating all clubs the same. They've been taking points off Macclesfield all season like taking chocolate decorations off a Christmas tree. And then theirs what they did for Bury or didn't do, bunch of.................

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Surely this has got to be sorted this week. It’s ridiculous that we now have only 5 games left and we don’t know if we have a point deduction or not. 

Its almost like they are waiting  on purpose  to see how many points we have at the end  of the season so they can dock enough  to relegate us

• Like 1

Guest gizowl

Incompetence at its finest  the game is becoming a total farce , supporters of clubs today are treat with utter contempt by people I wouldn't trust to run a ********... bath.

8 minutes ago, panda800 said:

Its almost like they are waiting  on purpose  to see how many points we have at the end  of the season so they can dock enough  to relegate us

That's exactly how I feel.

1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Incompetence at its finest  the game is becoming a total farce , supporters of clubs today are treat with utter contempt by people I wouldn't trust to run a ********... bath.

Bang reyt pal, my feelings exactly now , just had enough 

I posted other day that I’d heard it was all down to the club and EFL coming to an agreement and charges were getting dropped , but no idea where it stands now , asked again earlier but nowt happening , think loads just jumped onto what looked like a credible link by a couple of decent accounts via social media 

No clue now 

12 minutes ago, panda800 said:

I personally think they’re delaying it so they can give us the maximum points deduction that will not relegate us.  This way, we won’t appeal and cause them even more headaches.  Far fetched I know, but this is the EFL so who knows.

50 minutes ago, Junglejay said:

I personally think they’re delaying it so they can give us the maximum points deduction that will not relegate us.  This way, we won’t appeal and cause them even more headaches.  Far fetched I know, but this is the EFL so who knows.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they can't give enough points to relegate a club, I could be wrong.

7 hours ago, Shez said:

Would relegation be such a disaster. Next year there’ll be two from WBA, Leeds,Brentford, Forest and Fulham alone with possibly Villa, Norwich and one from Brighton, WHU our Bournemouth...all with better squads, more resources and likelihood of top 6 will be slim.

Wouldn’t building a new, cheaper team be easier from the top of league one than the bottom/middle of the championship

Attendences may actually improve if performances and results are positive (more likely in that division)...and it isn’t as if money is lavished on championship clubs as it is (other than the relegated teams)

If I was convinced of our ability to rebuild and bounce back I might agree with you, but I think the most likely outcome would be that we end up with a cheaper team sat in mid-table League 1 obscurity.

4 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

It seems some posters still don’t understand that it isn’t the EFL that determines any punishment should there be one, it is the independent panel. 

Think it’s just the whole process that people are now getting broken with pal, panel or no panel , the process is an actual joke and should’ve been settled by now 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Think it’s just the whole process that people are now getting broken with pal, panel or no panel , the process is an actual joke and should’ve been settled by now 

Oh I agree, it’s just the whole the EFL are just waiting to see how many points they need to deduct us conspiracy bullshit that gets to me. 

• Like 2