5 hours ago, Miffed said:

This is the thing that irks me though. There might have been one or two concerned posters on here when Chansiri took over, but on the whole the majority of Wednesday fans were loving it. We all couldnt wait for our knight in shining armour to take us over and plough money into the club.

After years of suffering, relegations, humiliating results, being unable to sign anyone and getting stuck in the 3rd tier twice, we were all so desperate and relieved when it happend.

The players we were signing back then, we could only dream about. It might not feel like it now but we had Gary Hopper up front, and Jordan Rhodes.
I think it was Warnock who summed up how strong our side was in a game where we brought our best player off the field and replaced him with Fernando Forestieri.

No one was complaining at all. Watching us at home with crowds averaging 28,000, playing Arsenal off the park, the light show against Brighton, during the trip down to Wembley, making the place bounce with the "on our way" song... the play offs the season after... not one person was complaining at that time. Not one.

It was a failed experiment but we all lapped it up. Not one person complained that Chansiri didnt know what he was doing until the bubble burst. I know its not all black and white but based on all of this, it looked like our fans were all happy, singing and dancing round him until the first point that it went wrong.

Im not saying Chansiri has been perfect, hindsight is wonderful and Im sure he would love that luxury too. In reality, I dont think hes going anywhere but Im sure his love for football will have taken a battering the last year or so..... Bruce walking, the EFL, the whole SAG debacle, Transfer Embargos, etc....

For me 2 things need to happen.

1) Get this EFL hearing out of the way.

2) When we know the outcome.... tell the fans what the strategy is for the club moving forward both on and off the field. Tell the supporters like it is .....and tell us that there is a plan in place.

Well done, Talked more sense in This one post than any of the last 200,000

100%👆

• Like 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Sounds about right, but we have been here before havent we? 

The best signing Chansiri should have done was sign a Howard Wilkinson type of person to the board, like a DOF, someone that has the clubs interests at heart and a steady logical wise head too....but he didnt .

Completely agree. 

We all know him included that he knew nothing about football. 

I'm pretty sure he will have learnt his lesson though and could actually turn things around! In what timescale I don't know! 

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

Others saying no deduction but massive fine.

So in all likelihood it’s just guesswork.

I don’t see how that would come about if am honest,  any guilty verdict has to be a points deduction 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I don’t see how that would come about if am honest,  any guilty verdict has to be a points deduction 

I suppose if we put forward a decent case in mitigation it might come about.

Not saying I believe either rumour, although lots of people claiming to be ITK on Twitter might suggest that a conclusion has been reached?

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I suppose if we put forward a decent case in mitigation it might come about.

Not saying I believe either rumour, although lots of people claiming to be ITK on Twitter might suggest that a conclusion has been reached?

Can’t say I’ve seen owt on Twitter from anyone with any credibility yet 

4 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Completely agree. 

We all know him included that he knew nothing about football. 

I'm pretty sure he will have learnt his lesson though and could actually turn things around! In what timescale I don't know! 

We've been saying that for several seasons now, when is he going to start?

• Like 1

Garry Monk earlier said about the charge:

No update, spoke to the club. I think it's just about completed or finishing off in terms of verdict, but I don't know when that might be.

21 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

At least it's still got boats, they filled in the boating lake in Brid. Many a happy hour spent there in my youth and also later with my kids.

Nothing quite like Utah Arches National Park on a cold and frosty morning !

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

We've been saying that for several seasons now, when is he going to start?

You're right but this situation he is currently in has been on the cards for that long he's not had a way out of it! As you'll know he could and would have invested more but couldn't/can't! 

Once the slate is cleaned (who knows when) I'm sure he wouldn't make the same mistake twice! 

Just now, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Nothing quite like Utah Arches National Park on a cold and frosty morning !

True Nev, but I've never seen that boating lake there! Where is it, Delicate Arch, Landscape Arch or Balancing Rock? 😜

5 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

True Nev, but I've never seen that boating lake there! Where is it, Delicate Arch, Landscape Arch or Balancing Rock? 😜

The Arch I saw had a pavement leading up to it. No Lake in sight. V cold though soon warmed up.

22 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Others saying no deduction but massive fine.

So in all likelihood it’s just guesswork.

Not a problem he'll just sell the training ground to his Mrs for £100 mill. 

• Haha 3
18 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

My money is on nancy.fielder@jpimedia.co.uk Johnson press finest  always first for The Star with Local News !

If the frickin Star get the story out first and it asks me to subscribe I'm going to boot the cat through the TV. 

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

We’ve won the case I’m being told lads....

Great stuff , let's move on .. 

I thought there'd be more of a fanfare though ..