Brian Marwood?

Alan Quinn?

Leigh Bromby?

Derek Geary?

Chris O'Grady?

😁

Edited by bradowl

20 minutes ago, steelowl said:

the bit I like is the south bit in fact it's brilliant for little kids the barstewards wouldnt let me on the boats tho 

At least it's still got boats, they filled in the boating lake in Brid. Many a happy hour spent there in my youth and also later with my kids.

• Like 1

Just now, Utah Owl said:

At least it's still got boats, they filled in the boating lake in Brid. Many a happy hour spent there in my youth and also later with my kids.

quite a few years since i was there Leon  probably filled in health and safety or something now 

3 minutes ago, steelowl said:

quite a few years since i was there Leon  probably filled in health and safety or something now 

Health and Safety definitely need filling in if you ask me! lol

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

A fish and chip shop is a fish and chip shop

#justsayin #controversial #true

Clearly not got a clue what you're talking about!

#akebabshopisakebabshop!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rodger Wylde said:

He wanted to get a shitload of money from the Premier League.

Obviously that too but who wouldn't? 

My point is he has tried and yes he has failed but I find it hard to knock someone for giving it a proper go! 

5 hours ago, Miffed said:

This is the thing that irks me though. There might have been one or two concerned posters on here when Chansiri took over, but on the whole the majority of Wednesday fans were loving it. We all couldnt wait for our knight in shining armour to take us over and plough money into the club.

After years of suffering, relegations, humiliating results, being unable to sign anyone and getting stuck in the 3rd tier twice, we were all so desperate and relieved when it happend.

The players we were signing back then, we could only dream about. It might not feel like it now but we had Gary Hopper up front, and Jordan Rhodes.
I think it was Warnock who summed up how strong our side was in a game where we brought our best player off the field and replaced him with Fernando Forestieri.

No one was complaining at all. Watching us at home with crowds averaging 28,000, playing Arsenal off the park, the light show against Brighton, during the trip down to Wembley, making the place bounce with the "on our way" song... the play offs the season after... not one person was complaining at that time. Not one.

It was a failed experiment but we all lapped it up. Not one person complained that Chansiri didnt know what he was doing until the bubble burst. I know its not all black and white but based on all of this, it looked like our fans were all happy, singing and dancing round him until the first point that it went wrong.

Im not saying Chansiri has been perfect, hindsight is wonderful and Im sure he would love that luxury too. In reality, I dont think hes going anywhere but Im sure his love for football will have taken a battering the last year or so..... Bruce walking, the EFL, the whole SAG debacle, Transfer Embargos, etc....

For me 2 things need to happen.

1) Get this EFL hearing out of the way.

2) When we know the outcome.... tell the fans what the strategy is for the club moving forward both on and off the field. Tell the supporters like it is .....and tell us that there is a plan in place.

Well done, Talked more sense in This one post than any of the last 200,000

100%👆

• Like 1
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Sounds about right, but we have been here before havent we? 

The best signing Chansiri should have done was sign a Howard Wilkinson type of person to the board, like a DOF, someone that has the clubs interests at heart and a steady logical wise head too....but he didnt .

Completely agree. 

We all know him included that he knew nothing about football. 

I'm pretty sure he will have learnt his lesson though and could actually turn things around! In what timescale I don't know! 

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

Others saying no deduction but massive fine.

So in all likelihood it’s just guesswork.

I don’t see how that would come about if am honest,  any guilty verdict has to be a points deduction