THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Mcguigan
33 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

If Leeds don’t go up they will be and the EFL are waiting for Villa and Bournemouth as well.

They’ll just sell Phillips for £20m, academy lad so profit straight on the bottom line and they’ll be fine.

Thats how it tends to work in the EFL, not like our club who refuses to move players on when the price is right.

3 hours ago, ljhowl said:

Because I presume like many fans (I would have sold fernando then by the way) he thought he was an asset that could get us to the Promised Land.

As for Admin, still yes presumably if the net value to him of the club is positive. But now he owns the ground the dynamic may change. My impression is he is still in this more for ego and football than economic but I really have no idea. I don't know the guy. I merely judge him on what he has done (good and bad) and what alternatives there seem to be out there.  

Norwich sold their best player, as did Blunts (Maddison, Brooks) and kept within FFP and reinvested sensibly and got promotion, Brentford and Leeds have both brought in £30m+ last summer before reinvesting and keeping within P&S figures... it's about having the staff to wheel and deal, and actually wheeling and dealing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Someone said QPR had to wait two weeks after the hearing before they found out their plight.  So dig in.

Well if we have to wait so long this thread will get to 500 pages and we’ll be talking about Cleethorpes before we get the verdict. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

They’ll just sell Phillips for £20m, academy lad so profit straight on the bottom line and they’ll be fine.

Thats how it tends to work in the EFL, not like our club who refuses to move players on when the price is right.

They brought in £30m last summer to keep within FFP and still managed to re invest. Good commercial revenue along with player sales and acadamy.

This division requires difficult decisions each season to keep on the straight and narrow and compete (particularly given three leg up relegated teams get)

3 minutes ago, Howards back said:

Well if we have to wait so long this thread will get to 500 pages and we’ll be talking about Cleethorpes before we get the verdict. 

ok i'll start

nothing wrong with cleethorpes nice chippy on the prom too

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, steelowl said:

ok i'll start

nothing wrong with cleethorpes nice chippy on the prom too

Is the fish locally caught?

A good fish needs crispy batter and the freshest fish possible.