THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 hour ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Admisstrator appointed by Wigan was just on the radio saying that another Championship club was on the brink of calling in administrators.

Could be another lifeline for us if it pust another club into the bobar

Let’s hope it isn’t us then! 

13 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Let’s hope it isn’t us then! 

If it were any other club in the Championship who’d been unable to pay their players in full this month and had just been forced to release a lot of high earners, we’d be saying it could be them.

If I had to guess I’d say Charlton but it COULD be us.

• Like 2

Could be QPR - didn't they reluctantly recently release a player - Marc Pugh - that they would have really liked to stay, but couldn't retain purely for financial reasons ?

I seem to recall a very unhappy Warburton making this point when interviewed recently

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Just read on the BBC how the EPL are not giving any funding to those in the leagues below.

The figure they quote this season the EPL have given £400m to the EFL, but £260m of it has gone to 9 teams in failure payments. In that one line is the reason why English football is doomed to fail.

Was reading last night that the epl is going to charge clubs to make up the shortfall from this year's loss of earnings etc. The clubs going up will get 8million less per year for the next 2 years, even though they aren't even part of the competition this season. 

Wether it’s us or someone else, sure thing that multiple clubs will be going into Admin for me 

Few people did say how stupid this behind closed doors re-start was, not many wanted to listen 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Wether it’s us or someone else, sure thing that multiple clubs will be going into Admin for me 

Few people did say how stupid this behind closed doors re-start was, not many wanted to listen 

surely if it was us, Chansiri would have furloughed the players. Did any championship club do this?

12 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Which club struggled to pay this weeks wages 👀 

We all assume it was a banking error but, what if? Proper sobering thought.

We'll be OK,.. I don't think Tuna have realised the concept of social distancing from the fishing fleet just yet...

2 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

surely if it was us, Chansiri would have furloughed the players. Did any championship club do this?

Or extended Wickham and Windass who are on a fair few quid

17 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

If it were any other club in the Championship who’d been unable to pay their players in full this month and had just been forced to release a lot of high earners, we’d be saying it could be them.

If I had to guess I’d say Charlton but it COULD be us.

That's a very important word in that statement.

Do we know we were unable?

Just not bothered...

12 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

Do you honestly think you can just furolough players without them agreeing to it?

The maximum the government will fund is £2,500 per employee per MONTH, do you think any championship players woulld agree to be paid this? Then when they returned for training they would not be eligible for furlough as they are working