THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Just now, HarrowbyOwl said:

Admisstrator appointed by Wigan was just on the radio saying that another Championship club was on the brink of calling in administrators.

Could be another lifeline for us if it pust another club into the bobar

Unless it’s us

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Admisstrator appointed by Wigan was just on the radio saying that another Championship club was on the brink of calling in administrators.

Could be another lifeline for us if it pust another club into the bobar

unless it's us

23 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Fingers crossed.

There's a lot more to this than the EFL holding up the financial integrity of the game.

Ever since certain clubs got all uppity, they (EFL) panicked and wanted to come across as a hardline with respect to this.

We all know that Steve Gibson only started to throw his toys out of the pram because he knew they were potentially in the brown stuff if they didnt go up last season. They didnt and are now forced to bring in Warnock to save them.

I'm pretty sure Gibson bought some of Boros debt a few years back too, but that was all fine...apparently.

Middlesbrough FC made a profit of £1.8m in the season of 2018/19 but this figure included £40.6m in tv income (ala parachute payments) if we say their income from tv should have been similar to our £7m for the same season without the parachute payments Boro last season would have made a £31.8m loss.

But they have Failure parachute payment so it is all fair. Boro do not surprisingly own their own stadium, it is in fact owned by A company 75% owned by Steve Gibson.

I would also tell people to look at how the stadium is valued because, Middlesboro is one of the most deprive areas in the country yet year on your the Net Book Value of the stadium is increasing. it looks like they may have found a loop hole to exploit in the EFL's rules too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Fingers crossed.

There's a lot more to this than the EFL holding up the financial integrity of the game.

Ever since certain clubs got all uppity, they (EFL) panicked and wanted to come across as a hardline with respect to this.

We all know that Steve Gibson only started to throw his toys out of the pram because he knew they were potentially in the brown stuff if they didnt go up last season. They didnt and are now forced to bring in Warnock to save them.

I'm pretty sure Gibson bought some of Boros debt a few years back too, but that was all fine...apparently.

Never knew he bought some of their debt, so how does that work exactly ?

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

My bet is QPR or Luton - as Luton let half their squad and manager go to cut costs when covid hit and QPR seem to have not been at the races since the season restart.

Can't see it being QPR tbh