THE EFL HEARING THREAD

9 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Or, perhaps due to having a certain member of the Barnsley medical staff as a neighbour, maybe I know a little more than you.

You've not got as much available cash as you think, and nor have the owners. Have they set out a good business model to attempt to profit from future sales? Yes they have, but at what cost. Can all of this change and suddenly you have the spending power of larger teams? Yes, but it's doubtful that will happen within the next 2 or 3 seasons. But hey, don't let facts ruin your dreams.

you’ve basically just said what I said, but saying it as though you disagree with what I said, very strange, are you from Rotherham?. 

Guest Grandad

One good thing about Odubajo is that hes got everybody off the subject of our impending points deduction

28 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

you’ve basically just said what I said, but saying it as though you disagree with what I said, very strange, are you from Rotherham?. 

Yes I am from Rotherham, and I don't disagree necessarily with what you have said. However, the point I am making, which appears to have gone way over your head, is that you don't have any money; a point which you attempted to class me as think as spunk for, and then confirmed yourself.

Very strange indeed. Are you from Barnsley?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Yes I am from Rotherham, and I don't disagree necessarily with what you have said. However, the point I am making, which appears to have gone way over your head, is that you don't have any money; a point which you attempted to class me as think as spunk for, and then confirmed yourself.

Very strange indeed. Are you from Barnsley?

no Rotherham pal, you reminded me so much of the wife I thought you must be from round here, the club as no money, which is what I said, we only spend the money we generate, and we don’t generate a lot apart from player sales, but the owners are minted, which means nothing if they’re not willing to cheat, but they are loaded. 

It’s starting to look like this could run into next week.

Frustrating really as I think everyone is getting to the point where we’d rather know one way or the other so we can see where we are in the table and what we have to do.

The problem with it dragging on however is that if we do get a deduction that puts us into the middle of a relegation battle, we’ll have less games to get out of it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DlNGLE said:

no Rotherham pal, you reminded me so much of the wife I thought you must be from round here, the club as no money, which is what I said, we only spend the money we generate, and we don’t generate a lot apart from player sales, but the owners are minted, which means nothing if they’re not willing to cheat, but they are loaded. 

Dont you have anything better to do than harass other clubs fans?

*Checks S24SU log in status*

• Haha 3

Guest Grandad
10 minutes ago, Miffed said:

The points deduction will be his fault.

You mean - points penalty ;-) 

2 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

Your owners money is mostly tied up in businesses. So whilst on paper they are minted, in truth they don't have the kind of money you think they do. This is what I've been saying all along, and now you have agreed with me but yet you called me think as spunk lol. I just don't get what you are trying to say here.

8 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

It’s starting to look like this could run into next week.

Frustrating really as I think everyone is getting to the point where we’d rather know one way or the other so we can see where we are in the table and what we have to do.

The problem with it dragging on however is that if we do get a deduction that puts us into the middle of a relegation battle, we’ll have less games to get out of it.

exactly how I feel. The longer it is taking the less games we will have to try and survive if we do get a point deduction. Perhaps that is what the EFL want though. Make it as hard as possible for us to stay up. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

exactly how I feel. The longer it is taking the less games we will have to try and survive if we do get a point deduction. Perhaps that is what the EFL want though. Make it as hard as possible for us to stay up. 

That's why we need to get as many points as possible and make it harder for the EFL, if we have a 10 points buffer they give us 12 points deduction we are in the bottom 3, they can argue that's what Brum got, Wigan etc. But if we can push the gap to 15 points it would look like EFL trying to relegate us by giving us a bigger penalty and I personally do not think that would wash with the rest of the league.

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Or to see how many points they can deduct without it making any difference.

That way they get Gobson and the Dingles off their backs and we're just happy it's all over and we aren't relegated.

Guest mrbluesky
6 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

Has anyone got any credible information on this or are we destined for another 500 pages of absolutely nothing?

Fixed it, for you.

7 minutes ago, Key said:

That way they get Gobson and the Dingles off their backs and we're just happy it's all over and we aren't relegated.

Gobson!WTF:

Hope that was intentional!

19 minutes ago, Key said:

It will also let the EFL concentrate on bigger issues, like half their members going into administration and no league one and two next season

Or a well structured, organised governing body with the interest of their members would.....so not holding my breath here