THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Totally miscalculated over optimism that completely neglects the share market falling off a cliff. Of course if you don't share my view you could always invest and await the bounce back.

Or just go short, and make a mint that way. There's plenty of ways to make money when the market falls off a cliff. Probably more than there is when it's climbing back.

On 27/06/2020 at 14:33, the monk said:

Not bothered a out emulating their 6 years down there!

they usually take less time than us to get back out, and then sell what got them up for good money, and fill their boots with good loans.

lessons to be learnt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

Or just go short, and make a mint that way. There's plenty of ways to make money when the market falls off a cliff. Probably more than there is when it's climbing back.

there's plenty 'gone short' who knew it was being deliberately 'shorted'.

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

there's plenty 'gone short' who knew it was being deliberately 'shorted'.

It's hard to make a share deliberately short - to the extent I am referring to anyway. Market Makers obviously play around and tree shake, but only for so long and only by so much. Mostly it's either an over-subscribed stock, bad results or something like Covid.

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

no i work with a serious number of the 'tards, and they'll tell you 'en masse' they HATE wednesday more than the love being a dingle.

I used to work with a dingle. She had a higher sperm count than me.

• Haha 2

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, heppers said:

I used to work with a dingle. She had a higher sperm count than me.

Phew! Was worried after our lockdown hook-up. When you came in my mouth, I thought I might be pregnant. 

13 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

Haha, yep, they pretty much are, which is why they haven't invested in the playing squad.  lol

🤣😂🤣😂🤣 Thick as a tub of spunk some of you lot, what our owners are doing is spending the money the club generates, because that’s how the EFL want the league to be run. It’s always going to be a massive struggle compared to other clubs for us due to the size of our fan base, but still despite how easy it would be for owners with their wealth to cheat the rules, they continue to try and find ways to operate within the rules set out by the EFL, that’s why our playing squad is the youngest in the league, to try and maximise potential revenue from player sales. Last summer we made around £6M in player sales, and we reinvested all that back into the playing squad, that’s all we could invest because that’s all we made, we couldn’t go out and buy ready made Championship players, with the experience we’re crying out for, because towards the end of their contracts they’d have no resale value, thus meaning we’d have no money generated by the club to reinvest. Their hands are tied by the rules set out by the EFL, This is why they are kicking up such a song and dance about clubs being allowed to take the p!ss.

Edited by DlNGLE
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DlNGLE said:

🤣😂🤣😂🤣 Thick as a tub of spunk some of you lot, what our owners are doing is spending the money the club generates, because that’s how the EFL want the league to be run. It’s always going to be a massive struggle compared to other clubs for us due to the size of our fan base, but still despite how easy it would be for owners with their wealth to cheat the rules, they continue to try and find ways to operate within the rules set out by the EFL, that’s why our playing squad is the youngest in the league, to try and maximise potential revenue from player sales. Last summer we made around £6M in player sales, and we reinvested all that back into the playing squad, that’s all we could invest because that’s all we made, we couldn’t go out and buy ready made Championship players, with the experience we’re crying out for, because towards the end of their contracts they’d have no resale value, thus meaning we’d have no money generated by the club to reinvest. Their hands are tied by the rules set out by the EFL, This is why they are kicking up such a song and dance about clubs being allowed to take the p!ss.

Don't remember asking.

7 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

So, any ideas when we might hear something on this, or is the 'hear within the next fortnight' to be believed?

I share the same sources as many of the journo’s (i.e. Guesswork and OwlsTalk) and can definitely tell you that I believe we may hear something later today.

If not today, then probably tomorrow, and if not tomorrow then almost certainly next week, er..., or the one after.

A source close to the club (i.e. My mate who lives on Minto Road) has said that if we haven’t heard by the end of September he’d be “very surprised”; although he qualified that by saying “it’s a funny old game” and “anything could happen - or not”.

Hope that puts everyone in the picture.

lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, DlNGLE said:

987FE5CB-9B59-411B-BBF6-D7D12E96E3A4.gif

3 hours ago, DlNGLE said:

Spending the money the club generates???

Id say hes spending a lot more than that. Considerably more.

£6 million from player sales - Both sales he had to make due to FFP reasons. Hardly down to strategy more out of necessity.  

• Like 1