THE EFL HEARING THREAD

3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but..............................

Barnsley and Middlesborough threatening to sue the EFL if we aren't punished to their satisfaction seems a waste of time.

If an independent tribunal finds us not guilty how can they hold EFL responsible?

Even my Dingle mates tell me Dane Murphy (chief exec) is a full blown to55pot..........

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Barnsley and Middlesborough threatening to sue the EFL if we aren't punished to their satisfaction seems a waste of time.

If an independent tribunal finds us not guilty how can they hold EFL responsible?

Because they want something to save their season because they haven't been good enough on the pitch. 

Like the Tevez thing in 2007. West Ham were given an unprecedented hefty fine, but that wasn't a punishment that suited Sheffield United. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Because they want something to save their season because they haven't been good enough on the pitch. 

Like the Tevez thing in 2007. West Ham were given an unprecedented hefty fine, but that wasn't a punishment that suited Sheffield United. 

Yeah I know the reason mate but if it's an independent tribunal what's the point ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, twolaptops said:

Should be decided on the roll of a dice............................1-5 = NO POINTS DEDUCTED NO CASE TO ANSWER........6= ROLL AGAIN....sorted

Daily Telegraph

Sheffield man knighted for plan to save the U.K. legal system billions.

Was gonna say, 12 point deduction for Admin isn't it? Might not be the only club in danger too. Wouldn't be surprised to see others go, whether they'll be before end of season though remains to be seen. 

No doubt this throws another spanner in the works for us somehow though 😂 

31 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

with no promotion or relegation from the premier league, they would go their separate ways and no money will filter down,  Leagues 1 and 2 would be dead within 2 years and the Championship would be down to the 15 - 20 teams that have survived but will be no better than watching the lower scotish leagues IMO 

I think there will still be demand for English football and under the right leadership EFL could make much more of its product, rather than hanging onto the coat tails of EPL begging for scraps. 

Furthermore, with no relegation, the value of EPL diminishes. Truth is, both need each other to a similar degree, difference is the EFL negotiate a shitty deal year on year and allow EPL influence in running the league, i.e. accepting parachute payments, while punishing other clubs trying to compete....hence we're debating in this thread waiting on an outcome for EFL trying to punish us for having the cheek to try and compete.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Barnsley don't have a pot to ******** in...they'll be following Wigan

2 minutes ago, striker said:

I think there will still be demand for English football and under the right leadership EFL could make much more of its product, rather than hanging onto the coat tails of EPL begging for scraps. 

Furthermore, with no relegation, the value of EPL diminishes. Truth is, both need each other to a similar degree, difference is the EFL negotiate a shitty deal year on year and allow EPL influence in running the league, i.e. accepting parachute payments, while punishing other clubs trying to compete....hence we're debating in this thread waiting on an outcome for EFL trying to punish us for having the cheek to try and compete.

All fair points 

Just now, striker said:

That's a body blow, just found some form a started to pull themselves clear of the bottom 3. 

Wonder if we'll get Windass on the cheap?

i wonder if they're backing themselves to get out of it even with the - 12, like you said they've found some form but a very risky gamble if it is 

Guest Grandad
4 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Barnsley don't have a pot to ******** in...they'll be following Wigan

Barnsleys owners have more money than ours