THE EFL HEARING THREAD

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Who's decision would it be?

Imagine if the EFL said they don't want to continue with it at all, but the Premier League keeps going 'Sorry you've been relegated . Here.. have 20 million quid!" to teams

lol

Exactly this....the championship aren't accepting parachute payments, the relegated clubs are......the only way the EFL can enforce this is by refusing to accept the relegated clubs in to the league....which would lead to a slippery slope of no relegation, hence no promotion.......which is what the Premier League would like

12 minutes ago, Ian said:

i dont get the ooh ha from the likes of Barnsley etc about the punishment needing to be applied this season.......the "crime" wasn't committed this season so what's their point?

I think that's half the problem, no one is sure when the "crime" was committed, was it this year, last year, the year before that, who knows. 

Edited by Blue and white

11 minutes ago, Ian said:

i dont get the ooh ha from the likes of Barnsley etc about the punishment needing to be applied this season.......the "crime" wasn't committed this season so what's their point?

Increases Barnsley’s chances of staying up if any points deduction is applied this season. This is why the likes of themselves and Middlesborough were pushing for the EFL to get in with things

36 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Anyway, it needs to be sorted pretty quickly.

If they do hit us with a points deduction then, depending on how many points it is, they should be handing it out pretty asap.

Imagine if we get hit with a 12 point deduction and there's only 4 games to go or something? The whole thing would look like a concerted effort to try and relegate us.

Of course, if they are dolling out 21 point fines then it doesn't matter. Though that raises the question  of if there's any point in us completing the season.

Proper can of worms.

Not completing a season would see us thrown out of the league like Bury 7th tier calling...never been to Denaby main though...

I reckon it'll be done for the half time draw. Two tickets in the drum one guilty one not. If the guilty one is drawn more tickets are put in with various points deductions on.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I know this is a total newbie question BUT can we actually appeal the outcome?

Does anyone know for definite?

Didn't Birmingham, QPR and Man City all appeal decisions made against them ? If that's the case than perhaps some plea bargaining IS going on against a backdrop of clubs going out of business

34 minutes ago, Ian said:

Exactly this....the championship aren't accepting parachute payments, the relegated clubs are......the only way the EFL can enforce this is by refusing to accept the relegated clubs in to the league....which would lead to a slippery slope of no relegation, hence no promotion.......which is what the Premier League would like

Fine with me, the only draw is the money. I find the EPL massively overrated,  most of the games sterile and very boring to watch. 

Much rather be challenging to win the championship than aspiring to be the 4th worst team in the EPL, just to pick up the ££££ despite getting beat most weeks. 

Suspect EPL need to Championship as much as EFL need them. Outside the same top 6 every year, relegation adds to the showbiz drummed up by Sky., otherwise the EPL would effectively be finished by January with very little movement in places. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

The EFL, with the backing of the clubs, could take the parachute payments out of FFP.

So they may have the money but they can't spend it.

Only on buying out contracts etc 

Guest wilyfox

Accepting the initial outcome would be like accepting your car insurance renewal quote. Ya just don't do it. I'm sure it will go from independent panel to the courts if DC is dissatisfied. He seems very much a man of principle - whether you agree with those or not. 

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I guess this is the dilemma for both us and them if appeals are allowed.

I reckon part of this hearing is coming to a compromise that both parties are happy with. 

33 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I think that's half the problem, no one is sure when the "crime" was committed, was it this year, last year, the year before that, who knows. 

Or that a crime was committed at all 

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Fine with me, the only draw is the money. I find the EPL massively overrated,  most of the games sterile and very boring to watch. 

Much rather be challenging to win the championship than aspiring to be the 4th worst team in the EPL, just to pick up the ££££ despite getting beat most weeks. 

Suspect EPL need to Championship as much as EFL need them. Outside the same top 6 every year, relegation adds to the showbiz drummed up by Sky., otherwise the EPL would effectively be finished by January with very little movement in places. 

with no promotion or relegation from the premier league, they would go their separate ways and no money will filter down,  Leagues 1 and 2 would be dead within 2 years and the Championship would be down to the 15 - 20 teams that have survived but will be no better than watching the lower scotish leagues IMO 

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Going on the basic Birmingham went through the same process won, the EFL appealed and won but no more points deduction.

Bolton went through the same process EFL appeals and I believe Bolton also won that one too.

This unfortunately now is about both DC and the EFL saving face unfortunately the fate of our football club is in the middle of this.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but..............................

Barnsley and Middlesborough threatening to sue the EFL if we aren't punished to their satisfaction seems a waste of time.

If an independent tribunal finds us not guilty how can they hold EFL responsible?

• Like 1