THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Did anyone really expect a quick decision, unless there is a compromise there will be more legal shenanigans that could rumble on for many more months. 

Surely there needs to be a decision and penalty imposed if applicable before any appeals etc can be lodged

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, farlego said:

Surely there needs to be a decision and penalty imposed if applicable before any appeals etc can be lodged

Exactly, this ain't a murder trial the findings should be fairly quick its the appeals processes that take ages, hopefully as someone said their reachin a compromise to stop any appeals effecting the season continuity thats already F'd

Edited by keepitsteel89

18 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Did anyone really expect a quick decision, unless there is a compromise there will be more legal shenanigans that could rumble on for many more months. 

This surely has to be resolved before this season is concluded - there are too many parties at stake re relegation that WOULD kick up an absolute stink !

Can just imagine the backlash from those teams if we get found guilty and then start next season on minus pts....

EFL would have to buy a season ticket for the law courts !!

I don't know why some on here automatically assume the delay of a verdict is down to us being guilty? For whatever reason I've thought any delay suggests our case is stronger than a lot of people think? Put it this way the EFL are obviously having to put up a fight to prove us guilty of what they have charged us with? 

It got overlooked by many but once the individual charges were dropped, that suggested that the EFL's case wasn't as strong as they thought it was? Let's not forget us being found guilty would be very difficult for us but us being found not guilty would arguably be harder for the EFL to handle for many reasons not least the pitchforks coming out in Middlesbrough and Barnsley?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hedwig said:

This surely has to be resolved before this season is concluded - there are too many parties at stake re relegation that WOULD kick up an absolute stink !

Can just imagine the backlash from those teams if we get found guilty and then start next season on minus pts....

EFL would have to buy a season ticket for the law courts !!

I agree. Otherwise it would look like a stitch up whatever the relegation outcome. One would expect a couple of days deliberation on the proved/not proved issue and then at most another couple of days to decide on a punishment if their verdict is the former. Mind you, even if they hit us with a fifteen point deduction and Barnsley or whoever get relegated by one point, they’ll still be moaning about a lack of justice. 

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I don't know why some on here automatically assume the delay of a verdict is down to us being guilty? For whatever reason I've thought any delay suggests our case is stronger than a lot of people think? Put it this way the EFL are obviously having to put up a fight to prove us guilty of what they have charged us with? 

It got overlooked by many but once the individual charges were dropped, that suggested that the EFL's case wasn't as strong as they thought it was? Let's not forget us being found guilty would be very difficult for us but us being found not guilty would arguably be harder for the EFL to handle for many reasons not least the pitchforks coming out in Middlesbrough and Barnsley?

For me, it’s the opposite. Our case from the start has been that their accusation is totally without merit. That would suggest we have clear and obvious proof that they have given us permission to do what we have done. I can’t imagine that would take getting on for a week to produce. Hope I’m wrong but this length of time seems to suggest that there’s definitely something there, it’s just the extent of it and how bad it is they’re arguing about.

I am massively glass half empty like 

Just remembered aren't Derby on the list of clubs who are being investigated? Gonna look well dodgy if we are punished this season and theirs happens next season. 

Still thinking we'll get a big deduction, 12 points plus, but hoping we'll escape the drop by winning a few. Will all depend on how the players and staff take it. Could galvanise, could pulverise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Waddling Owl said:

For me, it’s the opposite. Our case from the start has been that their accusation is totally without merit. That would suggest we have clear and obvious proof that they have given us permission to do what we have done. I can’t imagine that would take getting on for a week to produce. Hope I’m wrong but this length of time seems to suggest that there’s definitely something there, it’s just the extent of it and how bad it is they’re arguing about.

I am massively glass half empty like 

I am a glass half empty bloke but for some reason I've always felt we had a good case or the club wouldn't be fighting the charge so strongly? Despite this it literally could go either way obviously? That said we get found not guilty then it causes all sorts of problems for the EFL. They've got a similar case waiting in the wings with Derby. I think they're investigating other clubs? It totally blows their P&S rules up in the air if they don't win the case? 

• Like 2

Without knowing what evidence has/has not been produced, I'm not entirely sure how anyone on here can be making bold predictions as to what may/may not happen.

That is unless some of you have been sat in on the independent hearing the entire time.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Anyway, it needs to be sorted pretty quickly.

If they do hit us with a points deduction then, depending on how many points it is, they should be handing it out pretty asap.

Imagine if we get hit with a 12 point deduction and there's only 4 games to go or something? The whole thing would look like a concerted effort to try and relegate us.

Of course, if they are dolling out 21 point fines then it doesn't matter. Though that raises the question  of if there's any point in us completing the season.

Proper can of worms.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, farlego said:

Its not clear cut at all, the ambiguity of the rules of the EFL  are under immense scrutiny. Think this is a test case that could lead to rewriting of EFL regulations. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Its not clear cut at all, the ambiguity of the rules of the EFL  are under immense scrutiny. Think this is a test case that could lead to rewriting of EFL regulations. 

Mike Parry said yesterday that P&S needs to go as it leads to uncertainty and people acting weirdly

• Like 1

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

Mike Parry said yesterday that P&S needs to go as it leads to uncertainty and people acting weirdly

Who's decision would it be?

Imagine if the EFL said they don't want to continue with it at all, but the Premier League keeps going 'Sorry you've been relegated . Here.. have 20 million quid!" to teams

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop