THE EFL HEARING THREAD

13 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

No Chansiri is having Woodward and Bernstein flown over from Washington they have a way with tapes and bugs and all sorts ! 

I think DC will have more need for David Nixon than Richard Nixon Nev! Just think, 90% of Owlstalkers haven’t got a clue about your excellent post! 

• Like 1

Morning everyone. So we arrive at Wednesday, day umpteen of the hearing. Will today be the day? I’m going for a verdict being announced over the tannoy at half time tonight.

Or, they may just be waiting to use the first sensible suggestion that comes along on this thread because they can’t think of one themselves.:bullen:

Enjoy your day everybody.

1 minute ago, owls-swfc said:

This thread needs something to relieve all the pressure building,... either a decision or an enema. 

Just run the garden hose out - stand ready to do it - where do you want me to put the open end?

15 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

This thread needs something to relieve all the pressure building,... either a decision or an enema. 

Can't beat a good colonic................................

Allegedly :duntmatter:

51 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s all a bit weird, the case was heard a week ago, both the prosecution, and Wednesday’s defence. I can’t believe a decision won’t have been made regarding the clubs guilt, or not. The EFL must have had an idea of any sanctions they were likely to impose prior to proceedings. If we were found not guilty, I’m sure it would have been announced. That suggests to me that a guilty decision must have been reached, but Wednesday’s defence might have had strong grounds to appeal, and an appeal may well hinder the EFL’s plans to schedule next season. Perhaps the two sides are trying to reach a compromise

The case is still ongoing they haven't got to the decision bit yet.

This mornings Daily Telegraph:-

Wednesday wait

Sheffield Wednesday are waiting to discover the outcome of their legal dispute with the English Football League. The club went before an independent disciplinary commission last week to face charges of breaching profitability and sustainability rules in relation to the £60 million sale of their Hillsborough stadium to owner Dejphon Chansiri. The Championship club have “strenuously denied” breaking regulations but face a heavy points deduction if found guilty. A verdict is expected within the next fortnight

Guest wilyfox

Fortnight?! ********' ell. It ain't a case for proof beyond reasonable doubt. Either we've broken ********' laws or we ain't. Get on with it. 

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, Elderly Owl said:

I think DC will have more need for David Nixon than Richard Nixon Nev! Just think, 90% of Owlstalkers haven’t got a clue about your excellent post! 

To be fair that rule applies to most of his posts lol