The golden 59

I know it’s (annoying) conjecture, but reassure me! The average Championship survival total is 47 points. We are on 49. Although there are many opinions amongst Wednesday fans  about the number of points we may have deducted (if any, or indeed even this season), 12 has been a ‘popular’ prediction. If this were to be the case, a minimum of 59 points should see us safe: so 10 points needed from the remaining 8 games. Do you agree?

I've gotten to the stage where I'm not really bothered  if we stay up or go down. Just completely  sick of this thing hanging over us like the sword of Domocles. 

It's just a huge Doom laden cloud casting it's shadow over everything and it's starting to really get on my wick.

• Like 9

Guest Ronson
1 hour ago, Fantham Man said:

I know it’s (annoying) conjecture, but reassure me! The average Championship survival total is 47 points. We are on 49. Although there are many opinions amongst Wednesday fans  about the number of points we may have deducted (if any, or indeed even this season), 12 has been a ‘popular’ prediction. If this were to be the case, a minimum of 59 points should see us safe: so 10 points needed from the remaining 8 games. Do you agree?

I think 3/4 bottom are already 3 points more than the games they played, this could be 4 by season end so I reckon its 50 points could go down, 51 to stay up, but then again they could collapse and you maybe right.

I think those at the bottom may struggle to get many points at all.

Lots so clubs in free fall there.

I'd be surprised if Barnsley turn it around but it was a good start. Can't see Boro or Hull getting more than 5 points each. And someone else is bound to struggle.

But that still leaves us needing 8 or 9 points IF we get a deduction. The team of the last month before the lockdown are not capable of that but the team over the entire season are worth about 13. I really hope that lockdown has broken the panic; we were certainly much better yesterday.

• Like 1

We will get enough points (normally) to stave off relegation as there are some clubs in really poor form which appears to have continued after lockdown in Hull and Boro. It’s all about getting enough points to offset any points deduction and as nobody knows what that could be it’s kind of an irrelevant topic right now.

One thing that would be a joke is to carry any points deduction over into next season. There’s no reason for this to happen whatsoever and would in essence upset not just this season as we’ve had it hanging over us since before Christmas but next season also. To most fans this would seem unfair.

• Like 1