Fletcher

On 21/06/2020 at 09:09, wilyfox said:

£10m? I doubt that. Believed to be on 30kpw, that's circa £6m over 4yrs. He leads by example, and scored into double-figures in 3 of his 4 seasons. Were it not for knee injury 2nd season, he would have probably done so that year too. You can blame Chansiri for putting his bumper contract on the table if ya like, but you can't blame Fletcher for taking it. He has served us well, but that doesn't automatically mean we should continue with him. 

He was never quite worth the contract he got but getting players at a Premium club to come into the Championship is notoriously difficult. His scoring record previously was not impressive.

10 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Was our goal disallowed retrospectively then?

Monkmanface

Connor Wickham would have scored it - as he did

I'm talking about the rest of the game

Watch it again - nothing from the wingers at all and no through balls from midfield to note.

Not enough to get us firing goals in anyway

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Connor Wickham would have scored it - as he did

I'm talking about the rest of the game

Watch it again - nothing from the wingers at all and no through balls from midfield to note.

Not enough to get us firing goals in anyway

Sorry, I must have misunderstood the word 'zero'.

:biggrin:

21 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Didnt fletch say he wanted to end career here but to then leave us in trouble short of players with rest of season to play . . . Ermmmm thanks mate 

Next out of door bannan them two were joined at hip

Mercenaries...all em..we have another couple crap seasons to come..!!!

• Like 1

On 24/06/2020 at 23:10, Lomas613 said:

Didnt fletch say he wanted to end career here but to then leave us in trouble short of players with rest of season to play . . . Ermmmm thanks mate 

Next out of door bannan them two were joined at hip

Fletch has been a mercenary at all his clubs and even for the national squad. His actions here do not surprise me one bit.

However he still has quality and would have loved for him to stay. But it’s not meant to be and will certainly reduce the wage bill. Replacing him however...

As much as Fletcher has won me over, in terms of his all round ability, his presence makes it easier to revert to hit and hope balls. Not really his fault, it’s more likely to be the managers tactics, or even laziness on the part of the players themselves. Hopefully we can replace him with a more mobile option, who might encourage the manager to play a different way

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

As much as Fletcher has won me over, in terms of his all round ability, his presence makes it easier to revert to hit and hope balls. Not really his fault, it’s more likely to be the managers tactics, or even laziness on the part of the players themselves. Hopefully we can replace him with a more mobile option, who might encourage the manager to play a different way

I must admit when hes on pitch I always thought how does he not leave the pitch with a headache. We always player hoof up to him he heads it on to the next rushing player literally plan a plan b plan c all the way to z revolving Round him doing that