Fletcher

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

You think that will mean we end up keeping Nuhiu? 

Is he injured. ??  Could name 9 subs and only a half fit Fletcher and Da cruz on the bench. Normally names 3 strikers when we have 7 subs. I think Forestieri, Winnall and Nuhiu are all going. If Sat is anything to go by.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Is he injured. ??  Could name 9 subs and only a half fit Fletcher and Da cruz on the bench. Normally names 3 strikers when we have 7 subs. I think Forestieri, Winnall and Nuhiu are all going. If Sat is anything to go by.

Very worrying if this is the case - who else can play as a forward bar Wickam? I’ve said In another thread that it could be a blessing in disguise because it will allow us to try a different system, one in which our other players could be more effective. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Hard to argue with that, Monk said Nuhiu's omission was not a fitness issue.

Edited by Guest

39 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Hard to argue with that, Monk said Nuhiu's omission was not a fitness issue.

Believe it or not I think we may have offered Nuhiu a deal and he has turned it down. 

Maybe on reduced terms and he has thought I will look for another club rather than be a sub here for less money. 

From what we have seen squad wise I think anyone who we dont want or have rejected our short or long term contract offers. Monk has totally banished from the squad. 

Fox and Fletcher I dont think have decided what they are doing yet with is why we see them in the squad.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Believe it or not I think we may have offered Nuhiu a deal and he has turned it down. 

Maybe on reduced terms and he has thought I will look for another club rather than be a sub here for less money. 

From what we have seen squad wise I think anyone who we dont want or have rejected our short or long term contract offers. Monk has totally banished from the squad. 

Fox and Fletcher I dont think have decided what they are doing yet with is why we see them in the squad.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are right but also wouldn't be shocked if Nuhiu had a rethink and ended up agreeing to reduced terms. 

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Re the clear out, all will be forgiven if we replace those leaving with better

Indeed, all part and parcel of football at every club. Trouble is, we have rarely if at all got this aspect right since the summer of 2016. 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I wouldn't be surprised if you are right but also wouldn't be shocked if Nuhiu had a rethink and ended up agreeing to reduced terms. 

Surprised he hasn't agreed to a 1 month extension. seems the type that would be happy to. Perhaps that was on the table and he wanted a year. Or the other way round. Recon the Fletcher injury may push both into agreeing the short term deal.

29 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Me neither...But if he's off Ive no complaints with the bloke..Always available, scored some vital goals..never mumped when he was dropped...In the grand scheme of what we have been, while he has been with us...I can honestly say "Thx Very much Adthe"

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Me neither...But if he's off Ive no complaints with the bloke..Always available, scored some vital goals..never mumped when he was dropped...In the grand scheme of what we have been, while he has been with us...I can honestly say "Thx Very much Adthe"

Signed as a free transfer in 2013 having had an average scoring record in the Austrian league he was hardly likely to come to this level and score for fun.

He has seen a fair few strikers come and go and a fair few managers in his 7 years here but most managers have found him a useful asset to have in the squad. 

He certainly divides opinion but if a few of the other forwards we have had during his time with us has lived up to their reputation and comparative salary then we wouldn't have to debate Nuhiu as he would rarely have featured.  

On 20/06/2020 at 23:52, WalthamOwl said:

So disappointing he has picked up an injury today, mainly because he is a quality player and will probably miss most of the remaining games but also because it will probably mean Nuhiu is back in with a shout of playing and staying. 

Oh I hope not. 

40 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Signed as a free transfer in 2013 having had an average scoring record in the Austrian league he was hardly likely to come to this level and score for fun.

He has seen a fair few strikers come and go and a fair few managers in his 7 years here but most managers have found him a useful asset to have in the squad. 

He certainly divides opinion but if a few of the other forwards we have had during his time with us has lived up to their reputation and comparative salary then we wouldn't have to debate Nuhiu as he would rarely have featured.  

He's never not given 100% to the club, whether playing or not. Always available, can't remember him being injured, encourages the other players, plays wherever he's asked to, never complains. He's an example to every young player and has had a great career. I'd like him to stay another year, but if he leaves, good luck to him.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

He's never not given 100% to the club, whether playing or not. Always available, can't remember him being injured, encourages the other players, plays wherever he's asked to, never complains. He's an example to every young player and has had a great career. I'd like him to stay another year, but if he leaves, good luck to him.

26 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Absolutely

Edited by gurujuan

Guest wilyfox
17 minutes ago, Pressman 1 said:

Fletch is off, if West brom still have that bit of interest it's his last chance of prem football, ff, winnall, hutch, Westwood also finished here, trying to sign windass permanent along with Wickham 

Would love that. Just don't see how it would be financially viable.