Fletcher

Cant see an all posts about Fletcher here thread...so

how did he get injured today?

Watching Ifollow I never saw him even touch the ball.

The commentators kept saying he's just standing near the touchline waiting to come off.

Was that some sort of statement?

he is contracted to the club till the end of june so has to play if needed, but a contract offer has been on the table for months and remains unsigned.

The comments that hes just standing at the side of the pitch worried me

1 minute ago, Dot said:

Cant see an all posts about Fletcher here thread...so

how did he get injured today?

Watching Ifollow I never saw him even touch the ball.

The commentators kept saying he's just standing near the touchline waiting to come off.

Was that some sort of statement?

he is contracted to the club till the end of june so has to play if needed, but a contract offer has been on the table for months and remains unsigned.

The comments that hes just standing at the side of the pitch worried me

That baffled me when they said that.

He wasn't really just stood at the side of the pitch 

He was on the pitch over towards the North Stand but on the pitch, occasionally trying to jog forward to receive the ball etc

Didn't hear what his injury was though or how he did it

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He was on the pitch over towards the North Stand but on the pitch, occasionally trying to jog forward to receive the ball etc

According to Dom, Monk says he hasn't had the chance to be properly assessed but thinks it looked like a hamstring injury. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

According to Dom, Monk says he hasn't had the chance to be properly assessed but thinks it looked like a hamstring injury. 

Christ that's even worse than we thought

Surely it's a record for shortest sub appearance ever?

Would love to know if that's a true stat

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

well the commentators were inside the ground and said it several times. They could see what we couldn't see.

as for monk, I'm sorry but I dont believe a word he says.

Samir Nasri and Mamady Sidibe both ended up being substituted just THREE minutes after coming off the bench.

Nasri was taken off due to injury after coming on in the 73rd minute of Manchester City's win at Tottenham in May 2015.

Meanwhile, Sidibe was ruled out for the rest of the season after snapping an Achilles tendon just three minutes after coming on as a substitute in Stoke's defeat to Tottenham in August 2010.

There are six players to have lasted four minutes after coming on as substitutes.

They are: Bolton's Nicky Hunt against Arsenal in March 2008, Man City's Edin Dzeko against QPR in November 2014, Newcastle's Keith Gillespie against Tottenham in April 1998, Newcastle's Alex Mathie against Leicester in August 1994, Oldham's Richard Graham against Southampton in March 1994 and Leeds' Carl Shutt against Oldham in February 1993.

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, Dot said:

well the commentators were inside the ground and said it several times. They could see what we couldn't see.

This is the bit that confuses me though

I was watching a live stream of it, saw the game in play, saw the ball and fletcher moving about the pitch (very very slowly)

He wasn't just stood at the side of the pitch or anything

No amount of commentator magic could have made them see that he was when I was watching him and he wasnt

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Trained all week but can’t last 5 minutes without touching the ball.
Oh dear I don’t think we need to call in Holmes and Watson to solve this one.

I strongly suspect this will be the fastest ever recovery to a hamstring strain on July 1st.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Christ that's even worse than we thought

Surely it's a record for shortest sub appearance ever?

Would love to know if that's a true stat

Even Beswetherick lasted 15 minutes before getting binned off 

I refuse to believe this is some sort of manufactured injury to avoid a new contract or manufacture a move, he could have quite easily "pulled up in the warm up" or whilst warming up to come on.  My mrs spotted it in the background on iFollow about 2 mins after he'd come on.  The camera was on the action and she just goes "Fletcher's limping look", by the time she'd said it the camera had moved away.  Then about a minute later the commentators picked up on it.

• Like 1

Just not bothered...