Da Cruz

Guest domSWFC

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Didn't see the game but glad he did ok. Very poor player who needs a lot of work to play at this level. No way I would sign him in the summer unless he has gone through some sort of transformation in lockdown.

Sums our fans up. Kids hardly played for us and already getting called a very poor player

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, beef said:

Sums our fans up. Kids hardly played for us and already getting called a very poor player

Johnny Foreigner attitude by some of our fans

Edited by akbuk

20 hours ago, domSWFC said:

Criticised him in the past, but he looked sharp today. His touch was better than in any previous game, showed pace and a bit of trickery. Wicked corner for Wickham, left him with nothing to do but guide it back. 

Worth a start next time out, or is he a better impact player? 

I think he's better as an impact player later in the game at the moment.

18 hours ago, beef said:

That's because realists are few and far between in our fanbase. I'm sure some still think we are in the PL, competing in Europe and any performance less than we'd expect to see from Messi makes that player sh!t.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Isn’t it crazy we are all so pleased a player can put a good cross in to the box. Ridiculous other players can’t do it, surely it should be a given that certain players In the squad can do that type of thing. 

Always amazes me that a professional footballer can't deliver a decent cross from a dead ball situation.  Really it should be nearest to the corner flag takes the corner.

An hour practise every day should have them all doing pinpoint crosses by the end of the week. lol  

The lad could probably do with a couple of goals under his belt. 

Have noticed a couple of times he has pointed to players where he wants the ball passing, when he has good opening in front of him, only to be ignored.  So maybe as much as he needs to get used to his teammates they need to get used to him as well.

Showed promise, let him come on as sub a few more games to see if he can consistently make an impact and then consider a start if he keeps up the good work.

Harris and Murphy still for me, Harris seems more and more like one trick pony and needs to get back to good form he showed early in season. Murphy is also inconsistent but right now both of them still quicker and doing basics of putting in crosses which I'd like to see more of. Reach tries too much fancy poo, botched flick ons, back heel passes, etc. and loses the ball in a situation we can't afford to. On a good day, he's better option that either of the other two, but it's been a while since those good days.

On 20/06/2020 at 20:04, domSWFC said:

DA CRUZ.jpg

Criticised him in the past, but he looked sharp today. His touch was better than in any previous game, showed pace and a bit of trickery. Wicked corner for Wickham, left him with nothing to do but guide it back. 

Worth a start next time out, or is he a better impact player? 

It was his 7th appearance

he'd looked good on his debut but a few dodgy performances and some written him off already

he could be a good player for us, how about getting behind him and giving him a chance? 

• Like 1