Da Cruz

Guest domSWFC

Guest domSWFC

DA CRUZ.jpg

Criticised him in the past, but he looked sharp today. His touch was better than in any previous game, showed pace and a bit of trickery. Wicked corner for Wickham, left him with nothing to do but guide it back. 

Worth a start next time out, or is he a better impact player? 

16 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Didn't see the game but glad he did ok. Very poor player who needs a lot of work to play at this level. No way I would sign him in the summer unless he has gone through some sort of transformation in lockdown.

He did well. Fantastic corner for the goal. Ran into the channels held it up well and made good use of the ball. 

I’ve not seen much from him to be honest before lockdown. He looked out of his depth against Man City but most of them did. 

Promising signs today. 

Guest wilyfox

I refused to judge him on his first 6 weeks here. Needs & deserves time. Now he's had the chance to settle & a block of training under his belt here, he should be in a better place to show what he can do. His audition starts now. 

Just now, striker said:

Some positives from him today, looks like he's settled in now with the team and got involved in the game.

With Fletchers injury, looks like he'll be getting more game time to impress.

On what he showed since he signed there is no way I would sign him permanently, got a lot more to do in these remaining 8 games, hope he gets the chance to impress but do you not think Monk will see Nuhiu as more of a replacement for Fletcher? 

Guest Jack the Hat

Easily his best performance. A Wednesday player who can beat the first man with a cross and take a corner.  Bannans set pieces today were woeful. Shame he wasn’t  on the pitch the same tiime as Rhodes who feeds off those type of crosses.

24 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

On what he showed since he signed there is no way I would sign him permanently, got a lot more to do in these remaining 8 games, hope he gets the chance to impress but do you not think Monk will see Nuhiu as more of a replacement for Fletcher? 

Hope not, his time surely done after his omission today. Good news IMO as the end of season clear out remains on track. 

Agree, nothing to suggest we should sign Da Cruz permanently, but enough to suggest we might get our moneys worth for the remaining 8 games of his loan. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, domSWFC said:

Criticised him in the past, but he looked sharp today. His touch was better than in any previous game, showed pace and a bit of trickery. Wicked corner for Wickham, left him with nothing to do but guide it back. 

Worth a start next time out, or is he a better impact player? 

played well, as did odubajo on the wing rather than at right back. 

also thought hunt looked decent.

i thought it was an encouraging display all round a draw was least we deserved.