Norwich Vs Southampton tonight

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Norwich really are terrible. Personally I think it’s a terrible decision they made to hardly spend any money when they got promoted. 

Had they spend 100 odd million like Fulham did and still went down then that would have ruined the club for years.  

More than happy to be a yoyo club Norwich.

Edited by pazowl55

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Had they spend 100 odd million like Fulham did and still went down then that would have ruined the club for years.  

More than happy to be a yoyo club Norwich.

you’ve got to spend a bit though to survive usually, obviously needs investing wisely which is sometimes easier said than done of course. I just think the way they have gone about it they kind of excepted relegation before the season even started. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

you’ve got to spend a bit though to survive usually, obviously needs investing wisely which is sometimes easier said than done of course. I just think the way they have gone about it they kind of excepted relegation before the season even started. 

Should have spent a bit more but they were always going to try and survive on the cheap.

Guest Bulgaria
18 minutes ago, pachyderm said:

I swear I saw 2 of the Norwich lads a having a smoke during that last water break...

Chewing straw I reckon.

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Norwich really are terrible. Personally I think it’s a terrible decision they made to hardly spend any money when they got promoted. 

made a shed load of money that secures there future  ,they know they'll sell out the stadium next season (if allowed) and almost  certain to be in contention with the parachute money behind them and not being lumbered with high earning prem players   …..i'm sure there supporters will enjoy being in a fight for promotion far more than struggling to survive in the prem . ……..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

made a shed load of money that secures there future  ,they know they'll sell out the stadium next season (if allowed) and almost  certain to be in contention with the parachute money behind them and not being lumbered with high earning prem players   …..i'm sure there supporters will enjoy being in a fight for promotion far more than struggling to survive in the prem . ……..

Invested in their academy set up too. They are a fine template for other clubs to follow. Very well run. 

• Like 1

Just now, owls maniac said:

Invested in their academy set up too. They are a fine template for other clubs to follow. Very well run. 

very much so …..go up get a 100 million and invest it in the club rather than  overpaid mercenaries . go back down spend some of  the parachute on getting promoted ..and do it all again . whats not like if your the owner 

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

very much so …..go up get a 100 million and invest it in the club rather than  overpaid mercenaries . go back down spend some of  the parachute on getting promoted ..and do it all again . whats not like if your the owner 

Indeed 

image.thumb.jpeg.2e8e7452c3a016c572be66dde1bf6633.jpeg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, owls maniac said:

obviously that’s very good but surely Norwich supporters  would like to see the club spend a bit of money to at least give a chance of competing in the league. Think I read somewhere they spent less than 5 million. If we went up i don’t think many would be happy if we only spent that. Save a 3rd, invest a 3rd and spend a 3rd or something like that 🙂

Edited by WalthamOwl

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

obviously that’s very good but surely Norwich supporters  would like to see the club spend a bit of money to at least give a chance of competing in the league. Think I read somewhere they spent less than 5 million. If we went up i don’t think many would be happy if we only spent that. Save a 3rd, invest a 3rd and spend a 3rd or something like that 🙂

On the flip side Villa have spent over £100m and look likely to drop. I think the only club who has found that perfect balance between ambition and prudence is the pigs! 

But yes I think it’s inevitable a lot of Norwich fans will be gutted that they’ve gone down with a whimper again, but when football is as barmy as it is now from a financial point of view and owners as erratic, they have to consider themselves one of the luckiest clubs in the country. 

Let's be honest if we went up and spent naff all there would be uproar.

Norwich didn't even try to stay up. They don't need to spend 100 million but they could spend a bit. At least try and buy a few potential superstars from abroad or snap up some of the promising championship youngsters.

There is no guarantee they will go straight back up. 

• Thanks 1