THE I-FOLLOW THREAD - All IFollow questions/problems in here

1 hour ago, dr. benway said:

A couple of things come to mind:

1. What's the graphics card inside the laptop? Is it capable of supporting 4K (don't forget that if the laptop screen is on too then you're driving multiple displays that all take GPU power—external displays aren't free)?

2. There might be an issue with HDMI and USB-C standards, which might not be able to output 4K to the TV.

3. You might be using an HDMI cable that can't support 4K (though I thought they all did—sorry, a bit hazy on the details with this).

Thanks for coming back to me. 

1. AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics. I believe it should support 4K.

2. Good shout, I’ll take a look at that. I tried my work laptop via HDMI and it worked perfectly at a lower resolution. 

3. I’ve tried the HDMI which my PS4 Pro uses and still had the same issue. 

Feel like you could be on to something with the USB C thing. Cheers!

1 minute ago, wiggy said:

Thanks for coming back to me. 

1. AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics. I believe it should support 4K.

2. Good shout, I’ll take a look at that. I tried my work laptop via HDMI and it worked perfectly at a lower resolution. 

3. I’ve tried the HDMI which my PS4 Pro uses and still had the same issue. 

Feel like you could be on to something with the USB C thing. Cheers!

Yep, that Vega 8 should be more than capable, so I think I'd be looking at something else as the culprit. It's hard to find any information on display over USB-C from HP, so it could be that it's not enabled for 4K? Annoyingly it's completely up to individual manufacturers how fully-featured they make HDMI over USB-C.

The thing you're looking for is called "USB-C Alt mode" if that helps your search. Good luck!

• Like 1

been trying to log in for about the last 10  minutes. keeps telling me to subscribe. Checked my account and it says

Billed Date: 1-Jul-2019

Access Through: 19-Aug-2020 00:00

Been waiting for 5 minutes or so for somebody to sort it using chat

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

EVERYONE  CHECK YOUR I-FOLLOW

And don't be logging in five minutes before kick off then crying that you can't log in. This is  I-Follow we're talking about here.

Appreciate what you’re trying to do Neil but if iFollow have the same problems as before then checking it now won’t necessarily make any difference to being able to watch the stream...

However (based on nothing more than a hunch/educated guess), there IS possibly some value in making sure you’ve logged in before kick off. 

Just now, dr. benway said:

Appreciate what you’re trying to do Neil but if iFollow have the same problems as before then checking it now won’t necessarily make any difference to being able to watch the stream...

However (based on nothing more than a hunch/educated guess), there IS possibly some value in making sure you’ve logged in before kick off. 

That second bit is why I do what I do

Owlstalk Shop

I got the usual clear your browser and cookies crap and use firefox or chrome. Told him that what I'd already done and was using and had been using for tyhe last two seasons.

Hearing music now

Just now, @owlstalk said:

That second bit is why I do what I do

Yep, fair play! Had a couple of beers and that came off sounding a bit different to how I meant it, sorry—I wanted more to head off people thinking that because they can see it now has anything to do with them seeing it later (sadly those two facts aren’t related at all). 

• Love 1

Just now, dr. benway said:

Yep, fair play! Had a couple of beers and that came off sounding a bit different to how I meant it, sorry—I wanted more to head off people thinking that because they can see it now has anything to do with them seeing it later (sadly those two facts aren’t related at all). 

No worries at all mate!

Hopefully everyone is sorted much better than IFollow delivered last time

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

Spent ages setting up, plugged the laptop into my telly, solved the sound problem I had last time (my fault not I follow) sat down to relax and sat on the remote control. Absolute panic for a second until I realised why it had gone off! 

lol

Hope youre sorted mate

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop