THE I-FOLLOW THREAD - All IFollow questions/problems in here

11 minutes ago, mkowl said:

JP made reference to the clock said it was 5 to 5 on it. 

Ifollow put on the added time so presume it was said somewhere. 

Anyway all trivial in the grand scheme of things, I enjoyed the commentary 

Think it must have been from his phone as this was our view and I can't see a clock in sight! No worries thanks for your comments and sorry Marc_Degryse didn't enjoy it!

our view.jpg

Edited by TheWednesday

I would love to see some sort of class action against the EFL and Ifollow. Perhaps it could be crowdfunded. They sold us a service and didn't supply it, surely there is a case there. And not just Wednesday fans, but for every championship club.  They are taking the .... insert expletive as required.

My experience was that I managed to redeem my code and logged in on my laptop on Thursday. I tried to logged with the app on my tablet, but it failed and I was locked out and told to reset my password. So I tried to reset but no reset email was sent. I tried several times without any joy. I contacted Ifollow by email on Thursday night. After no response I sent several more emails on Friday.

On Saturday morning I tried again to reset my password and got the reset email within minutes - result, and I was happy.

Come match time I tried to log in on a laptop without success. Eventually I managed to log in on my tablet with the app about 30 minutes in. It froze throughout the match probably 10 times throughout the game.

This morning I got an email from Ifollow telling me to reset my password by clicking the reset button this after the only I contacted them was because it wasn't working! Bit late.

There must be a way of getting recompense for such a poor service

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cerdic Elesing said:

I would love to see some sort of class action against the EFL and Ifollow. Perhaps it could be crowdfunded. They sold us a service and didn't supply it, surely there is a case there. And not just Wednesday fans, but for every championship club.  They are taking the .... insert expletive as required.

My experience was that I managed to redeem my code and logged in on my laptop on Thursday. I tried to logged with the app on my tablet, but it failed and I was locked out and told to reset my password. So I tried to reset but no reset email was sent. I tried several times without any joy. I contacted Ifollow by email on Thursday night. After no response I sent several more emails on Friday.

On Saturday morning I tried again to reset my password and got the reset email within minutes - result, and I was happy.

Come match time I tried to log in on a laptop without success. Eventually I managed to log in on my tablet with the app about 30 minutes in. It froze throughout the match probably 10 times throughout the game.

This morning I got an email from Ifollow telling me to reset my password by clicking the reset button this after the only I contacted them was because it wasn't working! Bit late.

There must be a way of getting recompense for such a poor service

I think that the history of the service is that so many people have had bad experiences and tried to get a refund for games they couldn't watch and haven't been successful  

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I think that the history of the service is that so many people have had bad experiences and tried to get a refund for games they couldn't watch and haven't been successful  

I would have thought the Consumer Rights Act 2015 would cover it for non provision of service. It covers digital content.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents/enacted

Guest Ronson

What is all this iFollow and IPTV stuff you're all going on about. Do you have to be a technological genius now to watch a football match where your favourite team are playing? Disgraceful when you can click a few buttons and see the game whilst the rest of us are left twiddling our fingers, what say you all?

9 hours ago, Ronson said:

Do you have to be a technological genius now to watch a football match where your favourite team are playing?

No, you don’t, but the company in charge of delivering the coverage of the match like to do their best to stop you from doing it :laugh:

I think ifollow is great.

A tenner to watch Wednesday when otherwise it’s the radio, with decent commentary, with a clear picture, with replays....first world problem if we chunter about it.

That said, of course I’ve complete sympathy with anyone for whom it failed. The air was blue in my house at 3:01 on Saturday when it wasn’t working. I’d been looking forward to it for days.

Edited by Holmowl

20 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I think ifollow is great.

A tenner to watch Wednesday when otherwise it’s the radio, with decent commentary, with a clear picture, with replays....first world problem if we chunter about it.

That said, of course I’ve complete sympathy with anyone for whom it failed. The air was blue in my house at 3:01 on Saturday when it wasn’t working. I’d been looking forward to it for days.

Eh?

So iFollow is “great”, even though it doesn’t work properly, and people shouldn’t complain!  :wacko:

29 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I didn’t say that.

You did:

“I think ifollow is great.

A tenner to watch Wednesday when otherwise it’s the radio, with decent commentary, with a clear picture, with replays....first world problem if we chunter about it.

That said, of course I’ve complete sympathy with anyone for whom it failed. The air was blue in my house at 3:01 on Saturday when it wasn’t working. I’d been looking forward to it for days.”

So my summary seems pretty fair:

So iFollow is “great”, even though it doesn’t work properly, and people shouldn’t complain! 

Guest Ronson
2 hours ago, dr. benway said:

No, you don’t, but the company in charge of delivering the coverage of the match like to do their best to stop you from doing it :laugh:

You mean like selling you a product and not actually delivering it? Isn't that against the law? Some sort of confidence trick? If people were turning up on an OAP's doorstep doing the same their faces would be splashed all over social media and they'd soon be arrested.😀

8 minutes ago, Ronson said:

You mean like selling you a product and not actually delivering it? Isn't that against the law? Some sort of confidence trick? If people were turning up on an OAP's doorstep doing the same their faces would be splashed all over social media and they'd soon be arrested.😀

I’ll hazard a guess that somewhere deep in their terms and conditions is a line about how they aren’t liable for any service interruptions...

Unfortunately for those of us overseas, and now everyone else too, they’re the sole provider and you have the option of paying them or nothing at all (well, unless you get into dodgy streams, but then that’s definitely a more technologically-minded proposition). Captive market and all that. 

To be fair to them, the service has improved significantly from its first year. It’s just that it was really bad then, and now just quite bad :ghoulguy:

Aside from their inability to cope with the (predictable) demand last Saturday, my only real complaints with it are the stream quality (720p at around 20FPS isn’t good enough in my opinion) and that matches get randomly blacked out spending on the whims of Sky et al. 

19 hours ago, TheWednesday said:

Think it must have been from his phone as this was our view and I can't see a clock in sight! No worries thanks for your comments and sorry Marc_Degryse didn't enjoy it!

our view.jpg

I never said I didn't enjoy it, if anything it made the game more entertaining!

I may have been a bit OTT there, and fair play to you for coming on here to brave the feedback. Sky Sports coverage it may not have been, but I guess we're all still getting used to the new circumstances and a bit of a work in progress. Looking forward to next time and keep cracking lads!

WAWAW

• Like 1

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Pretty sure there's a no compensation clause in the T&Cs.