The most scared you've ever been at a match

I remember being stuck in there after the gates closed

I also remember many Wednesday fans were really annoyed about the dambusters song being sung

Obviously they won't be amongst the 'lads' type fans who won't have heard it but there was definitely a kick back from it and some cheesed off Wednesday fans - 100% fact 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, cowl said:

Never felt fear before or during a game, but Millwall away 2001/02 season was pretty hairy after the game.

We won with a Donnelly brace and the natives weren't happy, so much so that they were on the lookout for ‘Northern Monkeys’.

Didn't seem like much of a threat, but the few that were armed with broken bottles put enough fear into me, and one in particular that had what seemed to be blood on his neck and face.

The police were nowhere to be seen until we approached the train station and a few on horseback headed in the direction we'd just been.

So, in truth, I've seen very little trouble at games down the years. My only other vivid memory was after we were relegated in 1990, and that was just a few Forest fans that were either incredibly stupid or just unlucky to be set upon.

Pretty much how I remember it too.

That season their fans were particularly acting up (I think that was the same season of the play off riots too).

I remember leaving the ground to a bunch of nutjobs whacking anyone who might habe been from the North, and then walking round the corner and 200 or so from the local estates who'd been nowhere near the game suddenly rushed round the corner launching bricks and bottles.

They built 'cowards way' the next season.

Probably the safest ground you could visit nowadays.

Guest struckanerve

I don't remember there being that many doing the dambusters song at United. I was sat rather than stood, and to my hazy memory it was 50 at most doing it near where the stewards split the seats up between the two sets of fans. Long time ago though, so maybe I'm wrong. 

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I remember being stuck in there after the gates closed

I also remember many Wednesday fans were really annoyed about the dambusters song being sung

Obviously they won't be amongst the 'lads' type fans who won't have heard it but there was definitely a kick back from it and some cheesed off Wednesday fans - 100% fact 

The mere fact that you had to say “100% fact“ renders your recollection completely worthless.... fact!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

The mere fact that you had to say “100% fact“ renders your recollection completely worthless.... fact!

Take the 100% fact part out of it then

Either way - I remember it very well.

I think it was only the fans doing the Dambusters thing that thought it was cool

Most others weren't impressed at all, especially when having to deal with the aftermath of being locked in and then hunted down after getting out of the ground

Owlstalk Shop

Not sure if scared, but walking from Town through the underpasses before games at the Lane is a bit lairy. 

Derby away when the police horses went crackers outside the Baseball Ground. 

23 hours ago, Bulldog said:

Old Trafford 1993 / 1994?? the infamous "Dambusters" game when thousands of them suddenly appeared at the exit as we were streaming out......nasty!

That would be mine. I was a teenager at the time and was terrified. I saw people getting dragged out of their cars and being attacked in the street. I was with friends and we quickly hid our colours and tried to blend in with the crowd. 

19 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I managed to avoid that...but I had kids shouting scum at me.

I wouldn't have minded but I had a reight cracking beer headache and I was trying to eat my chips n curry.

Out of interest I'm sure we got kept behind didnt we?

We did which made it easier for them to pick up the stragglers at the back. We deliberately stayed in as long as we could thinking they would have gone home. Just as we were walking up the ramp to the road there were loads of them all came "windmilling in" with one cop on a white horse trying to hold them back. Frightening times!!

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

I remember that very well having to jump on the bridge to get out of the way. A young lad got trampled 

We played them quite a few times around then, and I think that might have been the league match. Not even sure if any Derby fans were involved and iirc it made the front page of the Star. 

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

I remember that very well having to jump on the bridge to get out of the way. A young lad got trampled 

17 minutes ago, vulva said:

We played them quite a few times around then, and I think that might have been the league match. Not even sure if any Derby fans were involved and iirc it made the front page of the Star. 

Even the other coppers were dumbstruck by his reaction was a very bizarre reaction, would have loved to have known what caused him to act that way.  I seem to remember fans pelting him with stones.

It was always lively at Derby.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Even the other coppers were dumbstruck by his reaction was a very bizarre reaction, would have loved to have known what caused him to act that way.  I seem to remember fans pelting him with stones.

It was always lively at Derby.

Might be getting my games mixed up but I think they scored twice in the last minute to win it. Might also have been the day a pub was smashed up. It’s on the front cover of the OCS book.