West Stand Tunnel at Hillsborough

5 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

image.png.ecc35c43be0212bd11e9b4518418e623.pngOh, bugger I thought it was on about the  south  stand.image.png.9af49c9d52cb618ee6fad4fd5fa5744b.png

I should image.png.ec5ed277f00ed71f892e9040bdfff1ef.png   read the opening image.png.ad7ff2f33b37205c95c1f4e551ce30b9.pngpost, a bad habit of mine.:blush:

image.png

WORST INSPECTOR EVER! :ghoulguy:

5 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

I stood on there to watch the Her Majesty open the Kop in 86, wagged off school to.

Our school took us to Hillsborough for this.

9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Soz Boywonder

You see, you call yourself an Inspector but it's The Monk who is doing all the detective work in this thread, like an episode of Father Brown! lol

4 hours ago, the monk said:

The whole stand was built in one project 

4 hours ago, the monk said:

You bought a ticket for the Utd end ?

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You see, you call yourself an Inspector but it's The Monk who is doing all the detective work in this thread, like an episode of Father Brown! lol

Let you in to a secret, I'm not really Inspector Lestrade, it's just a character from a book I once read.

Don't tell anyone, ok?

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Let you in to a secret, I'm not really Inspector Lestrade, it's just a character from a book I once read.

Don't tell anyone, ok?

I think we'd all worked that out mate. Are you sure the character was called Inspector Lestrade or did you read that wrong too? 😉

14 hours ago, hodgybysea said:

All my early games were in the Lepping Lane end in the early sixties,my Uncle used to take me and I would run right to the front and hang onto the wall.I used to turn around to see where he was and there he was in his flat cap smoking his pipe.I remember my first night match as a pretty surreal thing,I don't remember the game ,but what stuck in my mind,and still is a vivid picture I have was looking up at all the smoke rising to the sky into the floodlights.

Twice I actually had the ball in my hands ,the first time I threw it back to Ron Springett and he said thanks ,I was made up and told all my mates. The second was throwing it to Johnny Fantham,my all time hero, who caught and spilled it ,he turned around and said 'take your time son',I was too young to understand time wasting.

I then graduated to the Kop and went with my mates from Stocksbridge,no roof then.

51 years seperated my next visit to the Lep,we had tickets for the Kop but swapped them for the Lep for the Brighton game so I could show my Stepson what Hillsborough looks like from our usual view,must admit it was the most fantastic view of the Hillsborough Lights you could have and still one of my favourite nights in a long footy life.

Kop, must have looked brilliant from that vantage point, quite envious of you. 

Guest mkowl

I have still not got over some two hat nicking me bobble hat on the Lepp end in 1977 

We would stand at the bottom whilst my Dad stood under the ledge at the back. At FT he asked where my new hat for Christmas had gone. I then got told off for not saying earlier as he would have gone into the mob behind the goal to get it back. 

I always tell him I saved him from himself 

22 hours ago, Blatter said:

Stood behind the Leppings Lane goal for most home matches in the early 60’s. The tunnel was part of the original large standing area and was perfectly safe as originally designed. There were wide access points from either end of the terraces so you could just move up or sideways if it got crowded, which was pretty rare. The later addition of the upper tier and then the penned cages made it a far different place  from what was originally intended.

Looking at that tunnel cannot fail to bring back memories of what happened there.

Sorry to say but it is the first thing I think of  if I'm honest.