Jump to content
@owlstalk

West Stand Tunnel at Hillsborough

Recommended Posts

Watched most matches in the late 70's from the lep. Tunnel was good for when it was raining at HT etc.

I used to stand at the back as there was a small overhang from the seats above.

 

Boxing Day 79 changed that experience. Seem to remember using the kop afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

When we get to the promised land it has to be made wider, I believe. 

 

knocked down and replaced i believe

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, clud17 said:

 

knocked down and replaced i believe

 

Let hope so. I do find it slightly embarrassing how little it has changed over the last 30 years.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first ever view of hillsborough as a young lad in the early 70s  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been through it once, on a night game against Manchester United in December 1996. Home fans were in the bottom tier back then, but you had away fans mingled in with you who had bought a ticket in the home end. It was really weird, Carbone scored and half the stand celebrated, then they equalised and the other half celebrated. 
 

it was quite eery walking through a tunnel, but then you get through to the other side and you are faced with one of the best views on planet earth of Hillsborough under the lights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

should have been bulldozed 30 years ago.

 

can only see 1 thing in this tunnel now

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only sat in the stand once,   when we played Tottenham in the 90s,   Wednesday won 1-0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, s63owl said:

I have been through it once, on a night game against Manchester United in December 1996. Home fans were in the bottom tier back then, but you had away fans mingled in with you who had bought a ticket in the home end. It was really weird, Carbone scored and half the stand celebrated, then they equalised and the other half celebrated. 
 

it was quite eery walking through a tunnel, but then you get through to the other side and you are faced with one of the best views on planet earth of Hillsborough under the lights. 

 

 

Half the stand?  Told you a million times not to exaggerate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

When we get to the promised land it has to be made wider, I believe. 

It will be gone as the stand will be bulldozed and consigned to history 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

should have been bulldozed 30 years ago.

 

can only see 1 thing in this tunnel now

Let’s not get into this ffs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soldierboyblue said:

It will be gone as the stand will be bulldozed and consigned to history 

 

Will it?  Whose told you that load of codswallop? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Will it?  Whose told you that load of codswallop? 

The West Stand will go as soon as it’s viable to do so. The infrastructure never mind the tunnel has not been touched for more time than I can remember 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soldierboyblue said:

The West Stand will go as soon as it’s viable to do so. The infrastructure never mind the tunnel has not been touched for more time than I can remember 

 

But the tunnel is in the South Stand.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...