West Stand Tunnel at Hillsborough

Watched most matches in the late 70's from the lep. Tunnel was good for when it was raining at HT etc.

I used to stand at the back as there was a small overhang from the seats above.

Boxing Day 79 changed that experience. Seem to remember using the kop afterwards.

I have been through it once, on a night game against Manchester United in December 1996. Home fans were in the bottom tier back then, but you had away fans mingled in with you who had bought a ticket in the home end. It was really weird, Carbone scored and half the stand celebrated, then they equalised and the other half celebrated. 

it was quite eery walking through a tunnel, but then you get through to the other side and you are faced with one of the best views on planet earth of Hillsborough under the lights. 

15 minutes ago, s63owl said:

I have been through it once, on a night game against Manchester United in December 1996. Home fans were in the bottom tier back then, but you had away fans mingled in with you who had bought a ticket in the home end. It was really weird, Carbone scored and half the stand celebrated, then they equalised and the other half celebrated. 

it was quite eery walking through a tunnel, but then you get through to the other side and you are faced with one of the best views on planet earth of Hillsborough under the lights. 

Half the stand?  Told you a million times not to exaggerate