Championship free agents

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Premier league free agents list is what we should be looking at 

Yeah right. We can't even offer Fox attractive terms. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Yeah right. We can't even offer Fox attractive terms. 

Not too sure it’s about money with Fox 

They'll be some decent options out there. 

With the impact of COVID-19, I think the wages on offer will be much lower than they were previously, so players are going to have to suck it up. 

Perfectly possibly for us to cobble together a decent side if we plan it out properly. 

Could Ayala play in the centre of the 3? I think so, and that's the position we're missing I reckon.

On another note - never really paid much attention to Sammy Ameobi but he was a real handful at times yesterday. Really strong and good at carrying the ball. We seem to struggle breaking down packed defences at Hillsborough so maybe we need this kind of player who can bulldoze his way through.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

Attractive who to - you slate the club for overspending but then berate them for instilling a wage structure and paying the players what the club think they are worth.

Can't have it both ways

I've done no such thing. Saying we can't offer Fox attractive terms is not a criticism, it's indicative of the situation we - and many other clubs - find ourselves in moving forward.

I posted the Fox comment in response to the suggestion we should be recruiting peripheral prem players, most of whom I suspect earn more than Fox. 

19 hours ago, jerseyowl said:

This graphic might indicate what we will be in the market for. We have to resign Fox that's a given.

Screenshot_20200621-163922.png

Not really, it says that we need a left back, or a wing back if we keep Saturdays formation

The thing about Fox is that the management know his capabilities, new players don't always settle well, Moses for example.... which makes him a more obvious option