Championship free agents

wages are going to be slashed so going to be interesting to see how many get the deals they are hoping for …...can see a mad scramble at the end of the window as players who hang on in the hope of a decent contract  realise they are going to be unemployed and become  desperate for any deal …….they'll be some bargains for clubs on limited budgets if the hold there nerve till the last couple of days in the next window  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Looks like there are two top quality players on that list at opposite ends of the pitch.... center back Sam Hutchinson and center forward Fernando Forestieri 

Forestieri is never a centre-forward in a million years.

I do highly rate Hutch at CB though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

I did. Take a look on the Villa forum. Many seem to feel the same way. 

“He's actually got the lot apart from scoring goals. Which means he's a pretty useless striker. Might work with a Michael Owen type striker next to him.

He played well tho, He unsettled the sheffield united defence and I hope he proves me wrong and bangs some goals in”

“22 years old and first premier league start  

I thought he was very good. He looks fast and strong, good movement and worked hard. I thought he looked technically better than he has in the past. 

He had chances and looked a threat. Considering my first sentence, I thought that was a really positive performance. If he can stay fit I think he develops into a very good player.”

That’s just a couple from the Villa site. Seemingly a good player but needs a goal scorer next to him, grafter. 

Fair enough. Maybe he needs a run of games he will get in the championship. Never should be leading the line in premiership though. 

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

Seen some good ones in the Premier League aswell. 

Keinan Davis. 
22. Striker. Hasn’t scored a lot of goals but he started up front against United on Wednesday and was a real handful. Steve Bruce really rated him during his time at Villa. 

Another handful of a forward who can’t score.....just what we need

• Like 1

5 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Don't bother with any player over the age of 30, we have enough of them.

What about Mowat at Barnsley?, 25 yrs old, done his apprentice ship could be worth a shout, scores goals from midfield.

Barnsley FC extend contract of captain Alex Mowatt by another 12 months

BARNSLEY have activated the option to extend captain Alex Mowatt's contract for a further 12 months until the summer of 2021.