BREAKING NEWS - Kieran Lee extends contract at Sheffield Wednesday

Garry Monk on Kieran Lee “He’s a fantastic lad. He’s the only one nailed just yet but we’ve got a month to sort the rest of those out and I’m hopeful we can do that.”

“Kieran Lee will definitely be extending for the short-term at least and we are hopeful of the others following”

“Everyone in the training group has been asked to extend. We going to need everyone. Hopefully everyone will agree to that”

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Genuinely the only player I’m going to be sad to see leave after the season ends. Fair play to him though not many would sign a deal knowing you’ll be out the door after 9 games. 

The circa 50 grand wages he'll earn may have been a factor  .. 

47 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Fletcher was injured all along. Players starting to accept extensions. Loan players in talks. 

Dont know why everyone was panicking for.

lol

They weren't panicking, they were using it as an excuse to find little things to beat the club with for not having any forward planning. It's funny..  yesterday FF'S agent said no contact had been made regarding an extension. 

• Like 1

Pelupessy has been given an extension which really outlines what we expect to be doing in the window... Not a great deal. I'd keep Lee, better option than pelupessy by a country mile and has not had many bad personal performances when he has played this year. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

For Lee its a win win, he has been out injured, with Monk preferred pairing of Pelupessy and Bannan he will barely play but get paid for it, in the meantime he can work on his fitness for his new team next season.

Great news. Even though he hasn’t been an ever present in the side this season he’s been fit and on the bench for most of it. Knows the club inside out and is a solid professional. An absolute no brainer in our current situation.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, torryowl said:

The circa 50 grand wages he'll earn may have been a factor  .. 

I read a few weeks ago players aren’t earning extra. Supposedly when players are released they are paid 2 months wages, it’s supposedly so players are covered for the month of July in which they may not have a clue.

This is the reason clubs were saying they couldn’t play past July because then they would have to pay them extra. Also the reason many are walking away because they aren’t earning any extra than they’ll receive regardless. 

25 minutes ago, room0035 said:

For Lee its a win win, he has been out injured, with Monk preferred pairing of Pelupessy and Bannan he will barely play but get paid for it, in the meantime he can work on his fitness for his new team next season.

Alternatively....the break has given him the opportunity to get fully fit and we will see improved performances..... better than you get from Joey

I think most fans would hope that this could happen..... although it probably won't pan out like that

When Monk hasn’t lost the plot we have been successful playing both 442 and 433.

If we play 433 then we play more football and Lee is a joy to watch.

He was brilliant in the win at Leeds.

I would give him another year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

Genuinely the only player I’m going to be sad to see leave after the season ends. Fair play to him though not many would sign a deal knowing you’ll be out the door after 9 games. 

He may stay 

Guest LittleG
50 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I read a few weeks ago players aren’t earning extra. Supposedly when players are released they are paid 2 months wages, it’s supposedly so players are covered for the month of July in which they may not have a clue.

This is the reason clubs were saying they couldn’t play past July because then they would have to pay them extra. Also the reason many are walking away because they aren’t earning any extra than they’ll receive regardless. 

Not sure it's true that pkayers ate paid 2 months wages when they are released. If they're released 30 June then the salary they have been paid at the end of June would see them through July, as it does for anybody. It will mean that players agreeing to extend will now have to be paid for July, that's one of the reasons why divs 1 & 2 have agreed to end the season.

Guest LittleG
Just now, A12owl said:

At least he is a player. We don't have many to chose from. 

Just not as good as he used to be un fortunately and approaching 32 I just don't think it's feasible to extend his contract for another year. He has struggled at times this season and apart from one of two games had not really stood out.